An ANALYSIS of Watch Tower of Britain’s last (January 2013) Child Safeguarding Policy by Barbara Anderson

by AndersonsInfo 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mephis
    Mephis

Spot on with identifying how it's anything but child-centric in what it says and implies.

One aspect which makes me wonder is just what training is provided to these trustees of charities by London Bethel. They have an elders' school. What practical and best practice advice is provided on things like child protection? We all will know the answer, but it's curious and fits in with the pattern of the WBTS wanting to push all this onto the 'family' rather than address things in the way even other religions have done here in Britain.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "...if background checks were mandatory, there may not be any 'repentant abusers'..."

Maybe, but there's another possibility...

...that if background checks were mandatory (and actually enforced), the WTS might run out of "qualified brothers" (i.e. non-offenders) to keep the Org functioning at the grassroots level...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

In my experience Mephis most elders don't have a clue about their role and responsibilities as trustees. If they did they would shit themselves at how exposed the WTS leaves them. Not only that but any responsible trustee would not allow the WTS the level of ownership of the hall and cash that they currently have.

• JHK
    JHK

Great job, Barbara.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

God bless you Barbara for the hard work you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit