Not One JW Ever Actually Dies "In the Truth"

by Solzhenitsyn 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

Just a thought and perhaps this has been discussed before but No Jehovah's Witness ever actually dies in the truth.

Pick a year, any year. If a JW died in say 1920 or 2020 or whatever...the doctrines change so much and so fast that what is "truth" today is "untruth" the next within this religion.

Maybe it would be a sobering line of discussion to have with some JW's. That, 'your truth today might just get you disfellowshipped tomorrow if you continue to believe it.'

example: Millions resurrected that died before 1954, come to life in a 'resurrection center' and immediately begin to praise Jesus...WAIT, STOP! A booming voice over the loudspeaker "dear friends...we don't praise Jesus anymore, the Watchtower said not to do that back in 1954" ... WTF?

Just a thought.

• Half banana
    Half banana

A valid thought Sol, how can a thing be true one year and not earlier or later.

JWs live the paradise dream which works fine as long as you don't start to question how true it really is.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The Truth is what ever the WTS says the Truth is.

IE: The men [and women] of Sodom and Gomorrah are saved, or not saved or are saved or are not saved.

Doesn't matter to the masses I'm afraid. The WTS [and Awake and Watchtower by extension] is the Truth, even more so than the bible that is preached as the Word of God

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The fact that the GB/WT speak out of both sides of their mouth enables the R&F to flip flop between one belief and then an opposing belief with apparently no problem to their sanity ?

That`s why they seemingly have an answer for everything ,they can pick and choose how they answer a question because of the many flip flops.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

That`s why they seemingly have an answer for everything ,they can pick and choose how they answer a question because of the many flip flops.

Smitty3

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Not one JW ever actually dies "in the truth".

Following that line of thought one could also say that not one JW has ever been baptized having a full accurate knowledge of "the truth" beforehand because what is considered accurate knowledge, changes from year to year. Even the questions for baptism have been changed since I was baptized. This means that the questions I was asked and the answers I gave before my baptism weren't correct and thus my my baptism wasn't valid.

• carla
    carla

"That, 'your truth today might just get you disfellowshipped tomorrow if you continue to believe it.'"-

I brought this up to my jw many times. I asked about the conventions, etc... where 'new light' is dispensed and say a jw in the States had the convention and the new light but the convention didn't happen yet elsewhere so a jw knocking on a door might be dispensing 'old light' wouldn't the jw be 'blood guilty' (or whatever) for dispensing old light? does that make sense?

You can guess my jw's answer- "jah, will make it all right in due time" - In the meantime some jw somewhere is dispensing apostate information?

• steve2
    steve2

Millions of JWs living will eventually die.....

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

You are soo off in this topic. The Truth is not and has never been about doctrine and their being static. The truth is a way of life. As the song 'Make The Truth Your Own' says "The Way of the Truth". It is a way, not doctrine. And people aren't disfellowshipped for what they believe.

I believe that Russia is the KoN and that in the preRussell doctrine that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587 but the Gentile Times began in 607.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    Rattigan3509 hours ago

You are soo off in this topic. The Truth is not and has never been about doctrine and their being static. The truth is a way of life. As the song 'Make The Truth Your Own' says "The Way of the Truth". It is a way, not doctrine. And people aren't disfellowshipped for what they believe

so you acknowledge that ;the truth; is the truth. Right ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit