Can I pick up a New World Translation from the JW London head office?

by Camperdown9 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Camperdown9
    Camperdown9

Hi

I'm an Anglican and not a Jehovahs Witness. What I dislike about lots of church congregations is their readiness to make unpleasant and unhelpful comments about other Christian groups.

Recently someone in a church tried to tell me a little about the views of Jehovahs Witnesses. This was not done in a positive way, however it got me thinking that I would like to learn more about the beliefs of the JW church.

So far I have down loaded the book "What does the bible really teach" and I'm about half way through. I have also got the New World Translation as an app,but I would like a paper version of this bible. I tried to find one I could buy online and then noticed that it's only available from the JW directly.

So my question is...if I go to your office in north London will I be able to pick up a copy?

if not how do I get one?

thanks

Alex

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Positive way? How can you expect positive comments about a cult? Are there good sides?

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

You should spend a little more time learning about them by browsing here and other internet sites. If you contact them directly you will become a recruiting target.

No Apologies

• freddo
    freddo

Hello!

This forum is open to Jehovah's Witnesses and non-Jehovah's Witnesses so welcome.

It is largely inhabited by ex-jehovah's witnesses, jehovah's witnesses who are trying to disengage from the religion without losing their family by being shunned and by troubled jehovah's witnesses who are sick and fed up of any or all or more than failed predictions/expectations, child abuse mishandling and thinly-veiled hints and requests for money.

In answer to your question - yes you could get a Bible from their London HQ, or you could go up to one of their literature trolleys in market squares across the UK and ask for one, or into a Kingdom Hall and ask for one.

You will be given one without charge.

Alternatively go on to jw.org and it is there on line on the home page for you to click on.

Come back here any time if you have a question and you will get honest answers.

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Umm, Camperdown. Do you watch the news often? Here's a clip from the US last year:

http://youtu.be/OPcYn4AiwQE

I suggest you tread carefully with the Witnesses. There are hundreds of more links like the one above. Just do a simple search.

Regarding the book, "What does the Bible Really Teach," I suggest you read the point by point response to this book, by Wilber Lingle. Here's a link to a site with his work, available for free downlowd (or viewable on the website).

https://archive.org/details/ResponseToWhatDoesTheBibleReallyTeach

• Sugar Shane
    Sugar Shane

Oh, and this:

jwfacts.com

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Be careful what you ask for. Cults manipulate people.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Jehovahs witnesses have based their whole religion on making "unpleasant and unhelpful comments about other christian groups" they believe that JWs are the one true religion and all non-jehovah's witnesses will be destroyed by God and Jesus at a global apocalypse, so.... if that's not your thing......

Why do you want to know more about this group anyway, are you thinking of joining or are you just curious?

Just asking not judging btw.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    members of the WTS and their literature are just as and even more judgemental and condemnatory in as strong language that can be possible,look at their mags and literature over the years in their attacks on the so called "churches of Christendom" which they dont realise they are part of, decades of child abuse cover ups, shunning and the ripping apart of families, untold deaths from their blood ban policy, and general lies and cover ups in their never ending changing doctrine, truly dishonest, do you think there is anything positive from that small list? If you want to obtain a bible from them your best option is to visit a local kingdom hall on a meeting night and get one.They are a dangerous high control toxic cult and one of the very worst.
  • Camperdown9
    Camperdown9

Hi All

Thanks for all your comments.

No I'm not thinking of joining I'm just interested to know more about them. I have heard a few comments from people at church who have views on JW's but I'm not sure if they have ever done any research themselves. Think it's more like people passing on hearsay.

JW seam to have people everywhere in London at the moment handing out awake and the watchtower. For a while it felt like they were at every underground station. They seam to be the most visible religious group in London at the moment. (In fact recently I don't recall seeing anyone other that the JW's out on the streets )

I'm kind of interested in bible translation and would like to read the NWT and compare it with the NRSV or ESV.

Anglican churches in the UK tend to be very different from each other. One might have only male clergy with traditional hymns following a strict order of service and reading from the KJV. Another might only have praise music with the words on a screen no real fixed order of service, readings from the NIV and people waiving flags. I'm a little envious of churches like the Roman Catholic's and the JW's who seam to follow a set uniform plan.

The JW's wouldn't want me and I have no desire to join. I guess there are a bit like the Mormons, everyone has heard of them, few have even had there followers call at their homes but few (including me) know anything about them.

alex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit