God does not desire any to be destroyed?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Perry: do you believe God will shish kebab the majority of mankind in the great day

of revenge or Armageddon?

• Island Man
    Island Man

What exactly, are we supposed to believe Perry? Which of the 30,000+ interpretations of the Bible are we supposed to put faith in?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

"Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness."

It's too bad that people hang their world view on nonsensical gibberish such as this. Any interpretation of this into any sensible syntax is pure speculation.

• Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

There is NO way, if there is a God, that he wrote or had written the Bible for our enlightenment. NO FUCKING way. It's far to confusing far to duplicitous. Too many interpretations all of it makes no sense whatsoever. It's a book written by man. God is a great concept, one that I do believe in to some degree, but I know that there are NO religions on this Earth that have it all right. In fact to my mind the only religion we really need is our conscience. Follow that, most people would agree that causing pain to another (human or animal) intentionally is wrong. So avoid that and love each other, do good and try very hard to do no harm. Live your life. There is most likely something more after this, something so wonderful we can not even comprehend it. If God really wanted us to know what this 'something' was we would know. If HE really wanted us to worship him in a certain fashion we WOULD fucking know. Period. The Bible is a joke, ALL religion is a joke, a very bad man-made joke. Follow your heart and your conscience and enjoy your damn life.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Usually, the reason that God attacks is to defend His friends (those that love Him) -that is what happens at Armageddon. God also attacks in the ironic form of abandoning those that have left Him- to their enemies, for example: God abandoned the northern ten tribe kingdom of Israel to the Assyrians.

• compound complex
    compound complex

An old explanation for an individual's so-called heart condition and what path he will follow:

There's enough information provided in the Bible to convince a goodhearted person it's God's Word; there's enough information left out to convince the skeptic that it's not.

Well, words to that effect.

What things we were taught and believed!

CC

• atomant
    atomant
    For those that cant understand the bible l would suggest reading it backwards it will make more sense.
  • Perry
    Perry
    Usually, the reason that God attacks is to defend His friends (those that love Him) -that is what happens at Armageddon.

Thank you for mentioning that Fisherman. The watchtower paints "Armageddon" as a sort of Judgment Day for all mankind. It most certainly is not. It is a rescue mission: "if those days were not cut short no flesh would be saved".

By the time Armageddon happens, 2/3 of the population will have already died in the wars of the Antichrist as he attempts to rule the world for a short time. By this time, the "church" (global body of child-like believers) will most likely be gone from the earth in the rapture. But, salvation does not end at the rapture.

As far as the understandability of biblical truth goes; Jesus said that we must be like children to enter his coming kingdom. It is a very simple thing that God has made in order for anyone to have eternal life:

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life - John 3: 36a

This seems pretty fair to me. I didn't ask to be burdened by sin and not able to live out all my moral aspirations.

Disbelieving God (Eve) is what separated me from God; likewise a lifestyle of believing God is what saves me from my due judgment as a morally endowed creature. This is not a concern of mine anymore. I am free to turn my attention toward other more productive pursuits.

Having lived a lifestyle of believing God now for several years, I cannot imagine living any other way. While simple, it isn't easy. But, the fruit it produces is most enjoyable. WAY better than the temporary enjoyment of sin.

I came to the conclusion that believing God, required me to take a stand against the Watchtower. I discontinued my fade for this reason: To make my belief in God sure, I sent a letter to my father and two older brothers who were elders explaining my shift from belief in an organization to belief in Christ alone.

I believe that God has honored this stand and blessed me in many other ways that I would not have otherwise experienced had I just continued to fade away.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

You know if god really didnt want people destroyed - how about giving people a book that could not be interpreted 1000 ways by 1000 people, or one that actually makes prophecy easy to understand and recognize, or why not state something in there that would be indisputably be from someone who created the universe (the circle of the earth is the best you can do?)

Or better yet - how about a Booming voice from the sky in every language saying - hey little ones - i'm god - please do this that and the other thing.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

When I see 2/3 of the population wiped out by the Antichrist I will find me a bunker..

Lets see, it can't be ISIS(antichrist) because they believe in GOD in a strange way, so

it will be some satanic organization..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit