One Person Baptized at Circuit Assembly

by Simon Templar 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I (partially) attended with my Mom, for similar reasons.

The arena was only a half-sizer (no upper level of seats), and it still wasn't even half-full.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This is all very like music to my ears, I always used to say that I would not see the demise of the JW Org in my lifetime, but there does come a "tipping point" where their whole business model fails to function.

They do need new recruits. They do need enough attendees to make a profit from Assemblies.

Let's wait and see what happens at the R.C's this Summer, they are the ones that few JW's ever have the courage to miss entirely. The number of baptisms there will be revealing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If/when the Org ever truly dies, it'll go out like an art house film (whining and whimpering), instead of a Michael Bay explositacular.

• steve2
    steve2

Imagine being the only person being baptized with all eyes on you. You'd better not be socially phobic.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Simon Templar , '...The 900 or so other people just sat there and listened. He asked her two questions which she answered aloud,..'

I would have given a dollar to hear her answer no to each question.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

At the circuit Ass i went to with my brainwashed wife. there were only 3, two young ones that seemed like they came from families already in and the 3rd maybe a convert. LOL and the growth is amazing.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    "If you judge your success as a religion by the number of baptisms performed, and the group with the greatest percentage growth in baptisms is kids who aren’t old enough to know what the hell they’re doing, you should crawl into a corner and rethink your life’s work." - Richard Dawkins
  • life is to short
    life is to short

It is the same where I am on the west coast, my husband had his special day last week and he was saying that only three kids got baptized they all looked to be about 15 and under.

There always used to be well over 1000 at these special days and he said that it topped 700. He of course attributed it to people not wanting to know the truth and lead their debouched lives but still it has differently slowed down where I am at. When I was in my teens we always had 20 or more getting baptized and the summer assemblies 30 to 40 if not more, that is not how it is now.

LITS

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Here (Midwest us) they add congregations to the ones assigned to a circuit so as to keep the attendance at the assembly the same. In politics they call it gerrymandering
  • M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    I suppose they'll save a few quid on the water bill though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit