Freedom in admitting the truth...

by _Morpheus 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

For those that lurk or havnt decided to post yet.... Living a lie is difficult. Nobody would likely disagree with that... Many of us lived or are living the WT lie for the sake of friends or family. It can eat at us and put us in situations where we frame half truths, try to find tactful way to avoid telling people what we really think.

There is great freedom in being able to admit truths. Coming to this place and being able to admit truths, for many of us, is the first step in freedom. Its the first time we feel free to admit to ourselves fhat perhaps the org isnt right about EVERYTHING....

Then we begin to admit that maybe they arnt right about many things.....

In these virtual walls we begin to admit truths that lead us to greater and greater freedom. Not a freedom that can be taken with bars or walls but the ultimate freedom. Freedom of thought and mind. Freedom of belief. The freedom to be who choose we to be.

In the end im reminded of a quote from the count of monte cristo:

"I dont think man was meant to attain happiness so easily. Happiness is like those places in fairy tales whos gates are guarded by dragons: we must fight in order to conquer it."

Wherever you are in that fight, however dark it may seem, slay the dragon. Keep admitting truths to yourself, however shocking those truths may be to you. Truth is freedom.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Morpheus I think Rebel should take your advice about admitting truth.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    _Morpheus
    Living a lie is difficult.

M. those words are going to be my yearly text. I'm going to hang them on the wall. When I get jw company, it will be a good starting point for conversation!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread Morpheus!

Excellent observations!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Well said....

The first step is to 'allow' yourself to listen to the doubts you have, then to research those doubts and acknowledge where the evidence takes you. Using this forum as a sounding board as you go through that often -painful process is comforting and liberating.

I found the best place to start truly examining WT teachings without bitterness or emotion is jwfacts.com

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Excellent post. Lurkers do some googling on ego vs true self.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

The famous quote, "You will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free" should be followed with a question, "What does it set you free from?" and then, "Do you really, really believe knowing the "truth" is worth it? Why?"

then..... "Would anything prevent you from seeking "the truth"?"

How do you know when truth is truth?

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Morpheus, great post. " Freedom in admitting the truth...."

The word " freedom" originated from the Christians having a choice to renounce their faith or be thrown to the lions. ( So to be free, or to be doomed)

The Rebel.

• cha ching
    cha ching
    True, making WT face the truth will definitely get you 'thrown to the lions.'
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    "The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those people that are living a lie." - Anonymous

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit