A Definition of Forgiveness

by StinkyPantz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Excellent!

Sometimes you'll find that those you think are your enemies can actually be very good friends. I've just learned that lesson at work and now have a very good friend who not too long ago was wanting to fight me in the back parking lot after work. Instead of staying enemies though, we found a way to get along again and worked it out. And it didn't just benefit us personally, it was good for the morale of everyone else.

Mike.

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hi SP

I especially appreciate #3.. the application of forgiveness... moral response and mutual respect...

Thank you for posting this...I'm writing it down in my quote book...

Inq

• happyout
    happyout

Thanks for putting this back. Much like I thought, it is very thought provoking. I agree, but I ask the question, what brings about forgiveness? Does the person who committed the injustice have to ask or even care to be forgiven? And what about the repeat offender? At what point does it go beyond forgiveness, and become being used?

I have found it easy to forgive once, hard to fogive twice, and impossible to forgive a third time. Does that make me less than the person I aspire to be?

Happyout (pondering)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit