Jesus Worshipped a Moral Monster

by cofty 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

It has become very common for christians to try to disavow the disgusting ethics of the god of the Old Testament.

This is a dishonest venture.

The capricious, vengeful deity of Israel was "The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ".

Putting aside the damaging things he said and did himself, Jesus comes with some worrying history.

Gentle Jesus meek and mild is inseparable from baby-murdering soldiers of Jah.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Jesus was probably nice cause he was scared to death the big man upstairs was going to blast him with herpes or something.

I was reading in the "Atheist book of bible stories" how God evolved through the OT to the NT. Interesting stuff. If Jesus is God in the flesh then he changed quite a bit in a short time.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Since most Christians believe Jesus is part of some trinity, then Jesus must have suffered from some weird personality disorder when on earth.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Does anyone have a link to that "secularized" version of the Eden narrative that, in the end, reveals the OT God as psychotic?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Cofty.

I tried exploring the 'God as Monster' theme last week. Perhaps you'd like to take a look at The Monster

As for your OP yes, Jesus himself said;

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" Matthew 5:17

• sir82
    sir82
    Unless you're a Gnostic....
  • Heaven
    Heaven

It wasn't until Jesus showed up that hell was introduced. You MUST be born again or you risk, upon death, being judged and if found unacceptable, tortured for all eternity in a burning lake of fire. I suspect this may have been because Christianity wasn't getting the converts they had hoped for. And one of Jesus' goals is outlined in:

Matthew 10:35: "For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law." -- NIV.

Yeah, what a swell guy.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Jesus who ever he was, was suffering from what psychologist term : Messiah Complex, that got blown out of proportion in stories that were written about him after he was long gone. But that being said all this talk about forgiving your enemies, loving your neighbor, not judging people, that supposedly came from JC does not match up with the old testament and is completely out of harmony with the personality of the old testament Deity. Perhaps along with his psychological problem of imagining he is some type of Son of God savior we can also add that he suffered from severe Compartmentalization when it came to his imagining God to be this extremely good guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

A messiah complex (also known as the Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are, or are destined to become, a savior.[1]
    The term "messiah complex" is not addressed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), as it is not a clinical term nor diagnosable disorder, however, the symptoms of the disorder closely resemble those found in individuals suffering from grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur. This form of delusional belief is most often reported in patients suffering from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. When a messiah complex is manifested within a religious individual after a visit to Jerusalem, it may be identified as a psychosis known as Jerusalem syndrome.[2]
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, seeing someone try and justify the violent acts carried out either BY God, or in his NAME by his people as found in the Old Testament (sorry Hebrew Scriptures), is embarrassing to watch...

It should be acknowledged that those accounts were really barbaric and violent. Simple.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Pagans feel Jews and Christians are atheists. Rather ironic, isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit