I am a happy Man!!!

by Aprostate Exam 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam
    I am a happy Man! I texted my mother a couple of questions. I asked if she thought that my children will die in Armagedon even if they were good, and had a possitive outlook on life. She answered, "Your children will not die and will exist happy." I asked if she would cease speaking to her own son (me) if he did away with the faith. She replied, "You are my son and nothing will change that"! "I will always talk to you Mijo." Mijo is translated to my son. I Am A Happy Man!!
    I think she is awake, Elderly but following because of routine.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Nice to hear!

But watch for when the peer pressure to conform kicks in from the congregation. That will be the real test....

• Gayle
    Gayle
    I have heard from a few that "shunning" doesn't go over well among the latino JW moms. Many to most of their moms have a very strong unconditional love and emotional that the WT have difficulty in breaking. I hope that is true.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Many JW's are on the "cafeteria plan" where they pick and choose what spiritual food they want as it comes down the line, then go eat among the rest of the diners, saying nothing and no one's the wiser for it. (very smart actually)

• millie210
    millie210

I think there is a softening among the ranks.

Not in the party line coming down from on high but just on the grassroots level.

I think it is groundswell effect of mothers just not wanting to shun their children.

It is still small but I definitely see it in my area

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    Para bien! My madre assured me the same thing. I'm always a bit anxious that after an assembly or the memorial she will go back into full cult mode and cut us off. Yet, so far so good!
  • Athanasius
    Athanasius

My devout JW non-Latino mother never shunned me, even though a JC had determined that I'd DAd myself because I refused to meet with them. I also know of several other non-Latino JW families that didn't shun their DFd and DAd family members.

Perhaps it is becoming a "don't ask don't tell" policy among the rank and file and the local elders. After all many JW elders have DFd and DAd family members too.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think she is awake, Elderly but following because of routine.

That's where my elderly mother is.

She knows "something isn't right", but for her, she is definitely living in the (her) last days. What benefit for here would it be to "rock the boat" now. She as her life. Her friends. All in the Borg. She would never detach herself from our family. Her grandchildren are her everything.

Doc

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    great to hear , you must be so proud, pity I couldn't say the same about my mother
  • Aprostate Exam
    Aprostate Exam

I broke down bawling in happiness, I had never reacted this way to anything in my life. I am so lucky and extremely happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit