100-million man hours

by Coded Logic 21 Replies latest social current

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The James Webb Telescope is set to launch in October of 2018 and will allow us to study the formation of first generation stars, the molecular clouds that became the first galaxies, and directly image exoplanets. Roughly one hundred times more powerful than the Hubble Space Telescope the JWST is going to push back the current boundaries of science.

This is what 100-million man hours can accomplish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8p0SaMSZ7M

The most complex telescope ever built that will allow us to see things never before witnessed and explore parts of our universe previously hidden from view. It will even be able to look at the atmospheres of distant exoplanets and detect the chemical traces of life - if it's to be found. This is what time well spent looks like.

Conversely, the JWs spent over eighty times that many hours preaching. And what do they have to show for their efforts? Stagnant growth? No widows or orphans that they've taken care of? Even more broken families? Not even one single charity event they can point to?

Which bears better fruit - the assertions of religious dogma - or the disciplined efforts of scientific inquiry?

• cofty
    cofty

Amazing. Thank you, I will watch the video later.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Faszinating at 21:00: the installation of 18 mirrors, surfaces are polished to a spec of better than 20 nanometers surface figure area, near atomic level! Wow.

• Simon
    Simon

Science, hells yeah !!!

Meanwhile, the religiots built a huge structure to "prove" their Ark story, thus proving how fictitious the story is:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/noahs-ark-creationism-ken-ham.html?_r=0

• prologos
    prologos

and what have the billion man/ woman/children hours of wt accomplished by comparison? preaching the end of the world soon?

• scary21
    scary21

Thank you for this post.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Yes my aunt once commented that they spend billions on space projects she feels worthless... however I pointed out the only facts in the creation book... the only ones... were from space exporastions

• azor
    azor

This brings a tear to my eye. Thank you for making me aware of this.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Another nail in the coffin for the Borg as they will continue to learn things that dispel the bible and religion.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

This is amazing! 100 times more powerful than the Hubble telescope.

TB-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit