Re: Quarterly Organizational Accomplishments Video Series

by pixel 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pixel
    pixel

Dear Brothers:

We are pleased to inform you that a new series of short videos will be produced to emphasize the acceleration of the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (Isa. 60:22) These videos will be produced quarterly and will enable us to see various ways that our contributions are used to support Kingdom interests around the world.—2 Cor. 8:12-14.

The appropriate video should be played at the beginning of the local needs part for the months of March, June, September, and December. The video for the month of March is entitled Organizational Accomplishments—Sail Amsterdam 2015. If the time allotted for the local needs part is insufficient to show the video, then other parts on the meeting that evening should be reduced accordingly. On the other hand, if time remains after the video is shown, then the brother assigned the part may use the time to address local needs. These videos will first be made available in the “Event Media” section under the “Documents” tab on jw.org and will be visible to those with the “View Event Media—Restricted” role. Later, these videos will be made available in the JW Library app.

We trust that this new video series will help all in our international brotherhood to feel united in Jehovah’s service. (Mic. 2:12) Please be assured of our warm Christian love and best wishes.

$$$ that our contributions are used to support Kingdom interests around the world. $$$

• sir82
    sir82

And here is the condensed "truth in advertising" version:

Dear Brothers:

Please be advised that we are still not collecting enough of your money. As a result, we will be mandating that your congregation view our video reminders wheedling for more of your money 4 times a year.

Please be assured of warm Christian interest in acquiring more of your money.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    I hope congs starve them of cash so that the clichè is true in their case wherein it is said: "They who expect nothing shall not be disappointed"!
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I'd like to expand a little on a quote from former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright:

"There's a special place in hell for the Governing Body of JWs because of their love of money and greedy state of mind."

• antes8080
    antes8080
    1.5 acceleration who is driving grandpa Jah.
  • Londo111
    Londo111

Again, I see Isaiah 60:22 applied to the "acceleration of the worldwide work" rather than in former times the increases in average publishers. Busy work may be increasing, but it doesn't yield any results of people coming in.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Boy, Jehovah's "chariot" is really speeding down that "highway of holiness" (phrase courtesy of Feb 2016 broadcast) and it needs money for fuel and snacks.

• Magnum
    Magnum

the acceleration of the worldwide work of Jehovah’s Witnesses

What?!?! Did they really say that??? The worldwide work is accelerating??? What about all the personnel layoffs and construction halts? What about the stagnant, dumbed down, puny preaching work? What about the reductions in magazine pages and issues? What about the overall dumbing down? And they say the work is accelerating???

I see two possible reasons for this new series of videos:

1) As sir82 said, to try to collect more money.

2) To try to suppress JW concerns about where all the money is going, as they see it going to the org, but nothing happening.

Good point, Londo111.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    "Acceleration" in WT lingo means applying the brakes, screaching to a halt, awaiting the sickening thud.
  • brandnew
    brandnew

@sparrow.........wowsers....the way you expressed that , put me right there in the drivers seat ....whoa☺

N stuff 😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit