Pictures tell a thousand words

by MarkofCane 15 Replies latest members private

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Children from "third world" countries living a day to day existence, sitting in the dirt being shown videos featuring children in "first world" countries with "first world" problems such as whether or not to use their pocket money on ice cream or to put it in the contribution box.

• smiddy
    smiddy

While that may well be observed as a disturbing video aimed at very young children , I believe that by the time they are well into their teens , the majority if not all the children will look back at this , if they even remember it , as not relevant to the world they are living in.

I had a similar experience when I was a young pre-teen ,my parents made us kids go to Sunday school , after some time their was a special meeting when all the young members were to make a dedication/pledge to the LORD not to drink Alcohol , smoke ,or be immoral ,(whatever that meant) and sign it.

I was called upon without prior warning and signed it out of fear and peer pressure being a kid.

But in my mind I was excusing myself to the LORD because I wanted to drink and smoke when I was old enough because I thought that`s what a man did ,my father did those things.

When I was a few years older I put my foot down and refused to go to Sunday school again .

The downside of that was I had a curiosity of the Bible that eventually led me to JW`s.

So their is hope for most of these kids.

smiddy

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

LITTLE ONES... LET US HELP YOU TO SEEK GOD'S KINGDOM FIRST.

WHO THINKS ABOUT FOOD ANYWAY WHEN YOU CAN HAVE CALEB AND SOPHIA?

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

What bothered me the most about this image is the fact that these kids have nothing, their sitting on dirt , very primitive conditions. They probably don't get three meals a day, definitely don't get ice cream money. Every comment was about what a privilege they had, to received this video! Instead of look we brought them food, clothes, shoes, blankets here's how we can help them. Kind of looks like a orphanage, I don't see any adults just little kids. Maybe I overreacted but the whole thing bothered me to the core, at the very least they should of showed them eating while watching their stupid video.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Every other Christian "charity" actually brings things people in 3rd world countries actually need like food, clothing, supplies, housing, etc. What do JW's bring? Useless, crappy cartoons about 1st world kids living in big clean homes with 1st world problems.

Bravo JW's, Bravo! You've really shown your ignorance with this BS.

• sir82
    sir82

"Importend gift"

Let me guess - a home-schooled JW? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit