God is going to kill all of his unbelieving children at Armageddon

by Half banana 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Half banana
    Half banana

JWs are taught to think in a childish, simplistic and paranoid way.

The ticket to paradise includes a gory bloodfest of unimaginable proportions. . . and JWs calmly and unquestioningly trust and even look forward to this happening.

What about the morality of this unprecedented solution to mankind’s problems? (There is evidence in the earth’s crust that Noah’s flood never happened so it doesn’t count as a precedent).

Sweep all of your problems under the Biblical carpet and you know that God will sort it all out by the ultimate act of near total genocide—or not! Actually genocide refers to the death of a nation, this would be anthropocide, the virtual death of humanity as performed by a loving father, the supposed creator of humankind. Destruction will come like the visitation to earth of a wayward asteroid selectively destroying 99.9% of the planet’s inhabitants and leaving only those who listen to the governing body of an American religious corporation.

Have doomsday cults ever got it right?

Really is it likely to happen?

Firstly I want to say, like all reasonable parents, that I love my kids unconditionally. Two of my children are PIMI and one is POMO but with favorable words for the religion he no longer attends.

It crossed my mind to tell my two PIMI offspring that now that they have reached adulthood, as their loving father I have decided (like God!) to kill off all of my children who do not agree with me…………

Actually I won’t do this, it’s a bit melodramatic but really isn’t this what Jehovah’s Witnesses believe? Isn’t this what Armageddon is about?

• sir82
    sir82

The JW message in their preaching work, distilled down to its essence, is "join us or God will kill you".

To be somewhat fair, that is pretty much the message of any Christian evangelism, perhaps substituting "God will torture you for eternity" depending on the denomination.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes sir82 It is possible to reduce most ideas to an absurdity which makes it seem trivial. However, religious faith is a demand for belief in the supernatural and people are lulled into compliance by a very long tradition and are held there by the social acceptability of identifying as a believer. Humans always want to do what they see others doing! It is acceptable to believe in idiotic teachings if they are justified in the Bible however unreasonable.

I offer my reductionist thought as an indictment against lazy complacency and misplaced trust, all believers alike should stop and think how ludicrous these Bible fairy tales are if taken literally.

How can JWs get exposure to logical thought?

How did we personally shake off stupid beliefs?

Isn't it the same process of growing up and realizing there is no Father Christmas?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

When I was an elder still (but already an atheist) I had a conversation with a good friend who was also an elder.

It was about a glib comment a sister made about how great it will be when god destroys all the wicked people.

I said - doesn't she know she is talking about her husband and grandkids too? And that about 200 million babies will be part of that slaughter!

My friend said - Jah wont kill any babies.

I was like - so 7 or 8 million of us "survivors" are gonna find and take care of 200 million babies all over the world?

Then he tried to say that - the WT never says babies will be killed.

I was speechless.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

8,000,000 people survive Armageddon

The division of labor is simple.

4 million care for 200 million babies.

4 million clean up the mess and bury 8 billion corpses.

Sounds like paradise to me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, it is simply mind blowing to think that Witnesses try and excuse mass genocide as a "loving act" of God?!?!

Why do we (as people supposedly made in God's image), find the idea of mass murder deplorable? Yet somehow God himself is A-OK with it?!

If I go out and kill a bunch of people now, including children, I would rightly be classed as a psycho and punished. But Jehovah gets to do it, and is PRAISED for it!?

Makes sense to me....(sarcasm alert)

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Here in lies one of the greatest paradoxes of the Christian faith.

The Almighty creates humans with freewill. They are free moral agents. However, if they chose not to worship him they are to be executed.

Furthermore, the Almighty of the Christian faith "is love". He is supposed to be the personification of love. Yet, we see how unloving he is with his death sentence for non-believers.

The Christian god is supposedly not above his own laws. That is why we are supposedly having this whole testing period due to the challenge of Satan. Yet, when Jesus comes to Earth he tells his followers that we are to love our enemies in following his example. How can you simultaneously love your enemies while destroying them for simply not believing in you?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ttdtt - My friend said - Jah wont kill any babies.

Obviously, god told him when he heard those voices in his head.

Just shows they make it up as they go along.

...and they make up what ever keeps them in a cosy delusion.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

God is love - the most loving thing he could have done for his creation was to keep them from being able to bring such misery and pain and death to all of his (mans) billions of descendants. Maybe that would mean creation without free will. But if free will causes god to slaughter billions for 1) nor believing when there is insufficient evidence and 2) not choosing correctly despite being imperfect - then I would have to say god is not love.

I believe WT has said that babies and others who are too young (whatever that means) are protected via the standing of their righteous parents. Sorta implies death to the infidels' babies at the big A, in my opinion.

Side note, anyone notice that in WTs illustrations of the "new system" where they are building things they are also wearing hard hats? I would imagine that perfect people wouldn't have accidents but who knows.

• punkofnice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit