UK: Paul Shields "abused girls after luring them with video games"

by darkspilver 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI from North-East England:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/johovahs-witness-abused-girls-after-12538877

Jehovah's Witness abused girls after luring them with video games, court told

Married Paul Shields denies assaulting the youngsters as they played the games

1 FEB 2017

A Jehovah’s Witness sexually abused three young girls after luring them with video games, a court was told.

Paul Shields, 57, who was living in Guisborough at the time, allegedly sexually touched the youngsters, who at the time were too young to understand the seriousness of Shields’ actions, said prosecutor Andrew Espley.

The prosecution alleges that Shields, a married father and former plumber, repeatedly abused the girls when he was in his 30s.

Mr Espley said it was not until 2014 that two of the women, who were under-age at the time of the alleged offences, reported the matters to police.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/johovahs-witness-abused-girls-after-12538877

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Oh dear! This guy was our 'best man' at our wedding in 1990! More later.. feel ill right now.

• Landy
    Landy

Oh dear indeed! :(

• cofty
    cofty

Oh dear. That must be a shock!

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

II am so sorry GoneAOL. This is the point that Trey Bundy has been trying to bring home in his report on Revile from NPR.

I know many on this board feel it's an uphill battle that has little chance of changing the WT policy, or as one poster so elegantly put it over the weekend, what is in the news today is paper for bird's to poop on tomorrow, only this poster uses swear words to drive home his point, you know the saying small mind's can't think of any other word's. He brought out that no one cares about the JW'S, it's not like the Catholic or Scouts.

But see it is worse because JW's send their child molesters to people's home's unlike the Catholic's. Which point Trey Bundy brings out in his report.

I know this poster went wild at me calling me all kinds of name's, mocking me, telling me I was crazy.

But how many more stories like this do we have to hear before as this poster said, people quite using the articles for bird poop and say enough.

LITS

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

But here the process worked. The person was DF'd but also the police were contacted and the man convicted. No one knows what is another person's mind and what their intentions are. It is what happens after something comes to light that matters, and here no one can say anything following the allegations was done improper.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Again let's please not get into debates with RO and his buddy.

This is just too important of a subject to let him and his buddy down play.

This is such a horrible crime to let them derail it again. I just urge everyone to watch Trey Bundy's report on PBS, listen to reveal on NPR, and contact SNAP.

LITS

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I swear I am not trying to get into a debate. But the process did work.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am so glad that these women decided to come forward and have this man face the terrible actions and heavy memories he burdened them with.

Perhaps people don't realize how hard it is to face these events, especially after being mentally made to feel "it's wrong to sully Jehovah's name" or "we wouldn't want to bring reproach on the congregation".... all those subtle phrases and pressures that dwell in the back of all our minds... carefully planted, carefully grown, knowingly impregnated into our subconsciousness... with hopes of corrupting our consciences.... by the WT's years of finely honed experience.

Yes, it is great when people report these crimes, it helps, that is what they should do.... The WT knows this, the WT dreads this.... When police and courts and investigators are involved, the dark curtain of the WT gets taken apart, reality is discovered, justice has a chance.

For people who have been abused by predators, by pedophiles, by the sad systems that support them, I send my love, I send a hug, I send my understanding.

If only more would report. Perhaps...... perhaps.... this is the beginning.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Sadly most likely many others suffered in the years it took to get justice. Nothing about 20 years later sounds like the process worked, in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit