What Was I Thinking?

by riz 15 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

Hell Yeah Riz!

Just after I was baptized in '96 I threw away like 60 cds. I listen to mostly hip-hop and R&B. It was rather disheartening to see that a lot of young witnesses listened to that type of music all the time. Needless to say now I'm rather pissed.

Peace:
    Bigboi

"..... anyone who ignores everyday reality in order to live up to an ideal will soon discover he had been taught how to destroy himself, not how to preserve himself." The Prince. Niccolo Machiavelli.

• goo
    goo

hi rizzy - my collection means a lot to me as well. i personally never through away any albums - but once i moved from where i had been living - and stored a box of lp's at this bro's place - in the garage - yep - you guessed it - he had to trash a lot of my favorites - i found out when it came time to retrieve the box - apparently the garage had become demonically possessed - shortly after the arrival of the lp's - in particular - the loss of an excellent little richard album and a sam cooke & the soul stirrers album - both on specialty - the original label - i coulda killed the guy - a whop bop a loo bop a whop bam boom

goo.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

LDH,

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I could not for the life of me remember what the stupid reason was!! And you make a great point...I've never even thought of...why ISN'T the clitoris ever represented???? And you know, come to think of it, there were a heck of a lot of things that, according to the great white WBTS, resembled penises....yet I can't recall a single prohibition against depictions of breasts! LOL

Safe, of the "Up with Clits" class

<"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.">

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Nice post, safe.

Six, of the "facilitator" class.

LDH,

So as my dad and mom told me, you had no business as a true christian wearing a Penis around your neck!

So, would your dad give your mom a pearl necklace?

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

safe,

of the "Up with Clits" class

LMAO!

you rock!

love
    harmony

• riz
    riz
    And you know, come to think of it, there were a heck of a lot of things that, according to the great white WBTS, resembled penises...

Yeah, safe, take the elder body for example. Biggest batch of dicks I ever did see.

Hey, everybody, thanks for your replies. I still marvel at how the org. would make the most benign things seem evil. They say the devil is in the details. Or the yard sale items that you bring into your home, or Avon jewelry, or records, or baseball cards... [8>]

rizzy

Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule. - Nietzsche

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit