Fall camping is the best...

by MeanMrMustard 4 Replies latest social humour

• MeanMrMustard
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Ha! I recently got blasted for using the phrase, "high-key."

"Did you just say, "high-key?" You can only say, "low-key." There is no "high-key," mom!"

So, they tried but failed at teenage speak!

BTW, great time of year to go camping. I love nature, but refuse to sleep there, although fall is the best temperature for that.

• waton
    waton

Great teacher, to link the 2 threads, trees and camping. a lesson to learn: On one of our visits to the giant sequoias, we slept in their campground perched in one of their their steep sites. dry country. SLEPT WHERE THEY DID FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. awe inspiring. GT, MAKE THE TREES A MUST VISIT. AWE INSPIRING TO BE IN THE PRESENTS OF SUCH ANCIENT LIFE, THAT IS PARTNERS WITH US ANIMALS, BALANCING OXYGEN INTAKE BY US, with EXHALING BY THEM. AWSOME TO TOUCH LIFE THAT WAS LIVING IN MOSES' DAYS.

camping there: can cap that.

UNBELIEVABLE THAT IN CANADA THEY ARE CUTTING THE GIANT OLD GROWTH DOWN. police protecting the predators.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Waton, I will put it on my bucket list, but I live on the opposite side of the country.

It will require airfare to visit which isn't realistic right now, but my husband is always sure he's going to win the lottery, so as soon as he does, I'll buy tickets.😋

• waton
    waton
    It will require airfare to visit

GT. if you have a month summer vacation, as most great teachers have, take a camper or a van across the land. great sights and sites to see, Niagara, Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, the Redwoods.

Even Yosemite has some respectable walk-in with sky light Sequoias (a highlight of my life with my then 9 year old daughter standing inside a thousand year old living giant) beats Jonah et al.

skip the fake shows, disney and the rollercoasters and drive . it is better to travel than to arrive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit