Disfellowshipping

by Sabin 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin

What does that really mean anyway? I used to think (having been D myself, when younger) that it was a loving arrangement set up by a loving God to keep the congregation clean, & to give the unrepentant wrong doer time out to think about what they had done. When ready they could come back, apologize & all is forgiven. What a first class clown I was.

Now I know different, it is a code word that lets all other members of the congregation now know that it is open season & that person is fair game for them to hunt down & terrorize. And that is exactly what they do, take work away from these ones, treat their family badly, hope & pray that their entire life will fall apart. Want an example?

I befriended a sister after she was reinstated, her husband (JW) was/is an ass so they separated. She met another bro, shagged both got D'd. Now she had to keep looking after her disabled mum cause lets face it no-one else was going to. When she took her out JW's not only shunned the D'd sister but also the bapped mother. Go figure, the woman was in a wheel chair paralysed. This sisters 2 little kids went to a small school that was made up mainly of JW kids, a sister, wrote a letter to the now D'd sister telling her that all the mothers had got together & decided that if she was ever late picking her kids up they would leave them on the side of the road. & that is exactly what they did, they drove off & left 2 primary school kids 6,8yrs alone on a quiet lane. Now I reported this to an elder, that the sister who wrote that letter is a psychotic bitch, guess what, she goes to the meeting & on the mino so she can abuse who the f...k she wants.

Loving arrangement my arse. The WTBTS has basically given full permission for people to openly abuse their fellow bro's & sisters. The BASTARDS.

• zeb
    zeb
    Two little kids left to fend? Follows the pattern of childabuse. I hope she has shown that letter to the school Principal.
  • Tricked
    Tricked

This "loving" provision is anything but loving or merciful. I knew a disfellowshipped sister who called to see if I could pick up her kids from school and look after them for a couple of hours after she got caught up in car accident which closed the whole highway. It wasn't a problem for me to do this as I was there anyway and the fact that I never agreed with the shunning policy. Anyway, another Sister see's me walking back with the disfellowshipped sisters kids and counsels me on not even "saying Hello to a disfellowshipped one, never mind doing them favours and how it would be better if this one was to learn a lesson of how hard the real world is". I explained the kids were innocent and my conscience would be scarred if I held the sins of their Mother against them.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    No Zeb unfortunately she threw it away. She cried when she told me about though & as I knew the horrible cow that wrote it I absolutely believe her.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

What a loving bunch! I can't even describe what would come out of my mouth if someone left my kids alone. What a bunch of bitches!

You're right, df'ing gives JW's the excuse to do what they do best...hate.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Control. Control. It's all about control with the disfellowshipping arrangement.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I explained the kids were innocent and my conscience would be scarred if I held the sins of their Mother against them.

Obviously (TM), you don't share Jehovah's thinking on these matters.

Ex. 20:5 ~ "I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.”

Of course, that's unless you prefer to read Ex. 18:5 ~ “The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son.”

So........I guess you have to do like the WTS/GB does and cherry pick which scripture you want to use.

I'm sure you find comfort in the fact that you did the "right" thing for those innocent kids.

Doc

• Tricked
    Tricked
    My attitude towards that sister who was disfellowshipped always pricked my conscience. She was my first experience of someone I know being DF'd and I regret that I didn't make more of an effort to speak to her - I can only imagine how lonely and isolated she must have been as a single Mother. Our only communication was by text and a couple of awkward calls. I did look after her kids on a few occasions after she was DF'd, but she would wait in the car when she came to pick them up and I was just so unsure of what to do. I struggled with not wanting to stumble her as at the time I was sure that I was wrong in my views of DF'ing - that perhaps I wasn't spiritually mature enough to see it as loving. The sisters that studied with me tried hard to convince me that it was a loving provision, yet, I allowed my instincts to be quashed when it is so blatantly wrong. I did recently contact her to apologize. She is planning on returning. I didn't have the courage to tell her that I knew the TATT.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I honestly found that reinstated JWs were often much nicer people (than the oh-so-holy movers and shakers in the congrgation)... I often made a point of being friends with them specifically for that reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit