Memorial Attendances This Year

by steve2 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Have attendance figures at this year's memorial been released yet, including number of partakers? Sometimes the Kingdom Ministry (now called Christian Life and Ministry) provided local figures say for the country.

For two to three years the worldwide figure has hovered around the 19 plus million, with a drop off in attendance last year.

Just wondered if there has been any change this year or if the downward trend has continued?

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think it has been officially been announced and I don't find an unofficial ones. Could it be that the number of partakers will no longer be given?

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Numbers the GB no longer wish to see:

1. Number of partakers

2. Number of memorial attendees

3. Number of years between 1914 and now

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

very interesting!

yes, I have not seen any figures as yet either!

• steve2
    steve2

Usually by now, they would have already provided glowing tidbits about increases in memorial attendances for specified countries - or even within a country. I've heard nothing.

Brief refresher:

2014 19,950,019 worldwide memorial attendance, 14,121 partakers;

2015 19,862,783 worldwide memorial attendance, 15,177 partakers.

2016 ? worldwide memorial attendance, ? partakers

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

GB says:

1) Number of "professed anointed" = ????? Who cares...

2) Number of actual anointed = 7.

DD

• Aroq
    Aroq

my guess based on just the numbers:

2016 19,641,545 worldwide memorial attendance. 16,201 partakers

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Numbers the GB no longer wish to see:
    1. Number of partakers
    2. Number of memorial attendees
    3. Number of years between 1914 and now

4. Number of years since the false 1975 prophecy of the end of the system, that according to the GB never existed.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    my guess based on just the numbers:
    2016 19,641,545 worldwide memorial attendance. 16,201 partakers

Ha ha The partaker numbers keep going up. Growing up I recall those number were supposed to go down as we get closer to the end. What about they were all supposed to be made up of the generation that saw 1914?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The 'problem' nowadays is that the CLAM workbook is regionally generic with no space for 'local annouuncements' or even 'theocratic news' as per the old Kingdom Minstry.

AFAIR the memorial figures where generally always printed first in the 'local' KM for each country - and it's that we're missing now :(

With regard to this the 4 October 2015 letter 'Re: New Provisions Announced at Annual Meeting' that was read out at all congregation worldwide stated:

Since the workbook will not include a section for announcements, congregations will be informed of monthly literature offers by means of letters from the branch office.

(side note - this also means that NOBODY in the congregation has any real idea what the monthly offer is anymore)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit