Shunned jpg Cartoon

by oppostate 9 Replies latest social humour

• oppostate
    oppostate

Saw this on Instagram tagged with #ttatt

• Funchback
    Funchback

This is actually quite a powerful illustration.

If JW parents could forsee that their child would not become a JW or would become a JW but later become so-called apostate, I would bet that most would give up that child for adoption.

JWs have truly morphed familial love into something unnatural.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

have to say after all the stories I've heard over the decades, this actually happens, but my mom and Elder dad never made a move in any way, hint or fashion to kick me out the house . . . HATE to give the Borg a positive mention, but I won't lie about it either as far as my household growing up was concerned

• oppostate
    oppostate

It's definitely gotten worse and worse and more extremist.

There was little shunning by family members that was observable back in the early 1980's when I started with the cult. Although, publishers wouldn't talk to DF'ed people, family members would, even if they didn't live in the same household.

But over the years, decades now, it's very obvious that the shunning has increased as the WT publishes more and more articles guilting families into shunning DF'ed members.

Will there be a breaking point? Or will this doctrine become even more extremist that it already is?

• Spiral
    Spiral

Powerful.

ShirleyW, previously I would have said the same thing based on my growing up in the bOrg. But two years ago there was a couple here that had to kick out their (baptised) 18 year old because he came out as gay. So much drama they moved away (60 miles or so). Father lost his status as an elder. Family traumatized. I hope they let him back in after they moved away, but I don't know.

I was shocked, but that seems to be the "new light" truth of it.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

It may make an otherwise NON thinking Witness into a thinking one. Who knows. :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

As they say a picture is worth more than a thousand words.

Kudos to the person who crafted it.

• carla
    carla

It may not have an effect on jw's but for non jw's it is a powerful message. Non jw's just cannot believe that jw's actually do shun their own children.

• sinboi
    sinboi

I was shunned by my family after I left the org 3 mths ago. I always thought that if I have not got baptised a year ago, I would not be shunned.

Only a few days ago did I realised this is not the case. JWs also shun their unbaptised children when they leave.

ISIS are radical muslims.

JWs are radical christians!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

The JW doctrine of shunning is so sad, so unnecessary... So very wrong.

"... By this they will know that you are my disciples.... " (for the love you show? By the hard line you take? By following man-made dictates from modern-day Pharisees?)

George Orwell wrote "1984", where peace was war, freedom was slavery, love was hate...

Gee, it sounds so familiar....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit