Questions for Jehovahs Witness's (From a Christian)

by QuestionsforJehovahWitness 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• QuestionsforJehovahWitness
    QuestionsforJehovahWitness

Hey All!

Just to start I want to let you know the reason I'm here is for a school project.

The project is very simple. The goal is to learn about other religions. This information will only be used to inform not to spread hate, deceit, or insult.

I have three general questions. I only need one answer for each question but if more than one person would like to answer that would be great :)

The only requirement is that you are a practicing Jehovah's Witness and part of their church.

Questions

• What are your personal beliefs and how are they are practiced?
    • How do your beliefs affect your lifestyle?
    • How do you view Christianity and Christians?
    • What do you think the biggest difference between Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses are?

Your answers to these questions can be as specific or as general as you would like.

However, the more information the better.

Thanks!

Additionally, if I am breaking any guidelines by asking these questions please let me know.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

First thing to note is that everyone on here is at a minimum a disgruntled witness and many are unbelievers.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Those questions are way to broad. Its like saying tell me what String theory is in a word.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Can I answer from the the prospective of a former JW who converted to Catholicism.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sorry, I’m not a practicing witness, and haven’t been for 35 years.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

If you go onto the official website, you could request a free Bible study. I don't recommed it but you'll get all the answers you ever wanted to satify you. And satifaction is the goal, not accuracy. Just warning you.

Having stepped through all their rubbish, you will understand at a deep personal level just how a Christian would feel being subjected to this warping of Jesus Christ's teachings.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

One of the big differences between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians is that Witnesses believe those who are loyal to 8 men in New York are the only true Christians. All other so called "christians" are agents of Satan.

Biblical Christian's on the other hand believe that only those who are born again or born of the Spirit are Christians and are part of the Kingdom of God. John 3:3 Romans 8:9

By the way, eight million Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you that they are not born again and do not have the indwelling Spirit.

But I'd say the biggest difference is that Jehovah's Witnesses are preaching another Jesus and another gospel.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Good luck on your project. But, I'm afraid you are in for a big surprise. If you ask an active JW these questions, you will receive carefully crafted canned answers, many of which are specifically designed to deceive.

JW's are expert liars (as ALL of us here were at one time as well) and employ words that have more than one meaning. As long as they themselves are thinking of an obscure (or our-of-context) meaning they have no problem lying to you by using loaded language; knowing that you will almost always accept the common meaning. They don't consider this lying because they can always claim they were thinking of the obscure meaning. Of course, that is total bull-crap..

For example, if you ask a JW if they celebrate the Lord's Supper where the wine and the bread is consumed, they will answer, "Of course, who told you that we didn't"? If you press a little further and ask something like, "Is it true that most JW's refuse to participate in this command of Jesus"? They will simply smile and act like that you have been terribly misled and then say something like, "That is ridiculous, ALL JW's observe the Lord's Supper ceremony, we call it the Memorial".

The word "observe" has more than one meaning. The meaning that they hope you unquestioningly accept is in the sense of celebrating a customary holiday. If someone says that they observe Thanksgiving and Christmas every year at their In-Laws' house, you immediately get a picture of Turkey dinners and gift-giving, since those are customary practices of those holidays.

But the JW doesn't use the word "observe" in that sense. The meaning that the JW has in his head while trying to deceive you is the out-of-context meaning of observation, ie. looking-on, watching, perceiving etc.

The above image is of a JW Lords Supper ceremony in 2013. All JW's gather together and the bread and the wine is passed to each individual. Virtually every JW disobediently rejects the bread and the wine that Jesus said was for the forgiveness of their sins (Mt. 26: 27-28) and commanded all to receive.

Each of the JW's "observes" the sacraments being passed (and rejected) from hand to hand until they reach him where he also rejects them as he passes them down the row. All this the JW sees.... or observes.

So the JW can claim that he was not lying to you by stating that all JW's observe the Lords Evening Meal. But the reality is that instead of participating in the celebration, each JW actually does the opposite by ritually rejecting the Lord's Evening food and drink.

A long speech is given beforehand instructing people to reject this covenant with Christ for the forgiveness of sins.

Welcome to the whacky wide-world of Watchtower deception. Talking to a JW is like walking into a house of mirrors.

Again, good luck with your project. But, if you determine at the end of your project that JW's are just another Christian sect, you will have been played. Probably by the best that is out there.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

If you narrow down your thesis to Major differences, I can help you with some details.

I. Different Jesus: Created angel vs uncreated eternal God from true God

Ii. Different Gospel in terms of:

a. Content

b. Nature of salvation

c. Criteria for salvation

d. Means of salvation

e. Hope of salvation

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

What are your personal beliefs and how are they are practiced?

As the Watchtower brainwashes.

How do your beliefs affect your lifestyle?

As the Watchtower brainwashes

How do you view Christianity and Christians?

Demonic as per WT brainwash

What do you think the biggest difference between Christians and Jehovah's Witnesses are?

JWs are the only true religion that the only true god authorizes. All others are Demonic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit