Latest elders meeting during circuit visit

by Saltheart Foamfollower 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ambersun
    ambersun
    My father moved and HAD been privately reproved and the elders did nothing....I called the COBOE in his new congregation and he knew nothing about it and was upset, he had 4 young children. So Legal can still decide not to notify the new BOE. No matter what, only the elders can protect their own children, but no one else in that congregation will be notified officially.

The sisters in the congregation have no chance of knowing these things unless an elder chooses to warn them that there is a need to protect their children. Very worrying indeed.

• zeb
    zeb

Hi Yoko, yes it is and most likely a lot of other countries as well.

Despite the wt getting disciplined by the ARC they are still playing games and pretending they are making the changes required to protect kids within their ranks. I fear no matter what they say they do when a case of an abused child occurs the thing for elders to do will be 'call the branch office'...

In the first ARC hearings the elders on the stand parroted that back like some mantra quite expecting in the saying of it that the commission would some how be so impressed that there would be no further questions. The commission was not impressed. The elders floundered and bumbled and more than once were sweating on what to say as the standard wt mantra did not impress the commission one bit.

when the final report comes down at the end of this year it will be of keen interest to see what the Commission has had to say about the Jehovahs Witnesses. The report will go to the Federal Government for action and while no govt in Australia would want to ban a religion the wt might come under severe censorship for its claims to be charities which clearly it is not. I was a jw for a life time and never saw a program of charity once.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Thank you for sharing this, Saltheart Foamfollower. I think that this is valuable information for the lurkers and for people who still have doubt about the way the WT handles their priorities.

Personally none of it surprises me, but it is great information to share. Thanks.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Freddo - MS outline was the usual sort of stuff - set a good example in bible study, helping own family, build trust in Jehovah & his org, balance secular & theocratic responsibilities and take the lead in field ministry.

Yoko - this is from the UK but is probably the same everywhere.

SF

• Steel
    Steel

I find it odd that a group of men would have a meeting about someone masterbating and would think it was anyone of their business. I think it is kind of don't ask don't tell territory.

Also who the hell would take their child or spouse the elders about it ?

Sorry, a little off topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit