...Back from the Convention today.

by ScoobySnax 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

Scooby,

I'm just being a brat here when I say that you said you only made it to the last half of the day on the (final day?). How were they leading up to it? Could they be happy and full of love because it is over and they get to go home?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Francois does make a very interesting point about the Heberw scriptures.....there's a heck of a lot of crazy stuff recorded.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sccoby, no denying that you saw what you saw, and you're quite right to ``call it as you saw it." Of course the JWs you observed were happy, even euphoric, in the company of those who, by reciprocating one another's cordiality, contributed to the overall glow of an assemblage united by an illusory vision of ``sailing together into a paradisaic future."

Consider, however, the price of admission to this flock of dreamers: to share in that vision requires one to deny the incontovertible evidence of your own life experience; i.e. that genuine decency, nobility of intent and kindess exist nowhere else but within the organization, and for that 99.9 percent of humanity needs -- not simply to die -- but to be murdered -- down the the last non-JW man, woman and infant.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sccoby, no denying that you saw what you saw, and you're quite right to ``call it as you saw it." Of course the JWs you observed were happy, even euphoric, in the company of those who, by reciprocating one another's cordiality, contributed to the overall glow of an assemblage united by an illusory vision of ``sailing together into a paradisaic future."

Consider, however, the price of admission to this flock of dreamers: to share in that vision requires one to deny the incontovertible evidence of your own life experience; i.e. that genuine decency, nobility of intent and kindess exist nowhere else but within the organization, and for that 99.9 percent of humanity needs -- not simply to die -- but to be murdered -- down the the last non-JW man, woman and infant.

• obiwan
    obiwan

I still sat on the periphary watching, and I didn't see an unhappy bunch of people, I saw all sorts amongst the thousands, is it not right for me to say here that I saw real happiness and warmth in those there? I saw it, I felt it. It was real.

Well why would anyone jump on your back for this? I know when I was a jw the assemblies were a joy for me. I felt the love and saw it as well. The big difference is, all of us know it's misguided, kinda like blind leeding the blind. Nothing you do at those conventions would change thier thinking. If you know no different, why wouldn't you be happy?

• Hamas
    Hamas

I agree that for the most part Dubs can be a loving set of people.

However, this love only applies to them. Real love is something you can show to everyone; not just those people that are viewed as your spiritual brothers.

To be honest, I only experienced this love on a few occassions. I saw the hypocrisy of these sad people first hand; I shall not be fooled into believing love is all around on the basis of one or two experiences.

We've been spending most our lives living in a peado paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit