JW TV - Britain Branch Report

by Listener 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

Although it is titled as "Britain Branch Report" it's not much of a report. It only goes for just over 6 minutes and half of it is some 'wild talk' about Romeo and Juliette, I say wild talk because it has nothing to do with the British Branch and if there was any point to it, it's lost on me.

Anyway, about the only thing said that is of any importance was this (at the 2.20 mark) -

"The Governing Body, very kindly, have given us permission to continue construction once we have reviewed the scope of the building so we hope to be underway very soon"

He was talking about the Chelmsford project and explained the need for it was because they are currently spread out over a 10km area.

They started a project and are now very grateful that the GB have given them permission to continue with it but only after having to revise the whole project to reduce the scope of it.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODProgramsEvents/pub-jwbrd_201602_3_VIDEO

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Wow! Thanks for posting the info.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    They investigate 300 sites, a local council approaches them to present a derelict, "heavily contaminated" site (quote from their own public consultation document) and it's God doing it? Jehovah is obviously the God of toxic waste disposal judging from Chelmsford and Warwick (USA) being his preferred options then.
  • freddo
    freddo

I'm not sure if the "build, build, build - we're going places" of this time last year followed by everything coming to a screeching halt was pure incompetence or a crafty master plan.

It certainly got donations to the fore and "justified" begging for kingdom hall project savings funds. And they can still fund a tiny Chelmsford for 100 instead of 1000 people by the money made from selling the London properties and moving printing to Selters.

Then the surplus from that and the KH's gets sent to New York to keep it away from UK investigations.

If it is a crafty master plan then they've done it on the backs of gullible and trusting bethelites and followers ... if it's incompetence followed by opportunism then the result is the same but with less bad motive.

Ignore me; just musing.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"half of it is some 'wild talk' about Romeo and Juliette"

Half of it? It lasted from 04:45 to 05:50, one minute and five seconds, and that is not half of six minutes in my calculations?

• sir82
    sir82
    Pedantic much?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Half of it = parlance for an unnecessary amount, not a measurement of time or weight.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    dont know this Peter Bell chap, any reports on him? the reality when they met with the local government officials in Chelmsford was that they couldn't wait to offload that land to the WTS quick enough, pointless dishonest spin.
  • Listener
    Listener
    I had to check that out TheOldHippie, it felt like half the video as the story was way more riveting than any of the other stuff.

This Romeo (alias Luigi) is a constant feature working in the underground, performing his duties in the early morning. In fact he is so popular that he has many route (spelling??) calls that collect their magazines. One young lady, who he was attempting to become more familiar with was so impressed by him that she had the florist deliver a bunch of flowers to him, attached with a very romantic note.

I can't wait for the next installment on that story.
  • Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

JB - Peter Bell. Was a Ron Drage protege and the most ambitious bloke I know. He came from Yarmouth,is married to Astrid and has been managing the London press room for years. He thinks of himself as a printing executive and behaves like a big shot business man. He is one of the trustees of the in London.

The youthful humour demonstrated in the Romeo, Juliet story seems to be wearing a bit thin now. The man looks almost skeletal. He is in his sixties now. I wonder how long he will survive in the modern youthful organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit