Destiny

by shotgun 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shotgun
    shotgun

What are your thoughts.

If God forewarned Cain to change his path he must have known Abel was in Danger...why did he not warn Abel?

When Jesus told his apostles to go into Jeruselam and bring back an ass and its colt which would be tied up near the gate did he foreknow this or was his faith so strong that he knew according to the scriptures this would take place and God would make this happen as written.

The same for the fish with the coin in its mouth did he foreknow this or was it his faith in God that let him know that anything he asked would be accomplished.

What I'm getting at is...If for thousands of years the issue of Gods right to rule has been played out on the earth how is it a real test if God decides to now and then manouver particular events to a phrophesied outcome. And if he didn't manouver the events then he foreknew the outcome to begin with......do you perform an experiment when you know the result.

I have to lay down now before my little brain implodes.............

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

We're all in a big Matrix and this guy who keeps calling himself "God" is in fact the Architect who is manipulating the system.

• Hamas
    Hamas

If God is all knowing why did he create Satan?

If God never changes why did he have to send his Son to earth?

If nothing could interfere with God's purpose, yet all humans have free will, was there ever a chance that Judas would have changed his mind?

So many questions.....

Elsewhere may be correct ! lol, we never know...

By the way, thanks elsewhere for showing me how my site looked with that pic !!!!!

• paterfamilias
    paterfamilias

The answer I used to receive in regard to these kinds of questions is that God uses his ability to see into the future selectively. Though he could know the outcome of all events beforehand, he deliberately chooses not to.

That never made any sense to me. It seems like you either have foreknowledge or you don't. How would one know when to selectively turn it off unless he first knew what was coming?

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

God's thoughts and way of thinking is infinitely higher in level than ours. Maybe what we call reasonable, for Him its unreasonable, or what we call logical for Him it is illogical. Lol, ok, forget about what I said.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    If for thousands of years the issue of Gods right to rule has been played out on the earth how is it a real test if God decides to now and then manouver particular events to a phrophesied outcome. And if he didn't manouver the events then he foreknew the outcome to begin with......

That's just the thing...the issue has never been "God's right to rule". That's a JW line with NO SCRIPTURAL Backing. How small is God if he has to prove himself to puny humans or to Satan and the Angels?

• mizpah
    mizpah

I guess the whole discussion boils down to the difference between predistination and foreknowledge. Is it possible for God to limit his own knowledge to let events take place but still know the final outcome which he as foretold? It would seem so if we really have "free will" to pick and choose between good and evil. The old Presbyterian concept of Predestination seems to contradict this ability of mankind to make these kinds of decisions. They felt that everyone was predistined to heaven or to hell. The "elect" were rewarded by everlasting life. All others were destined for hell.

But then there is the issue of how is it possible for God to "limit himself" if he is all powerful? If he can "read the hearts" of people and foresee the outcome of their lives (as in the case of Samuel or Jesus) why the need of judgement? All interesting questions. Would enjoy your responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit