Dimwits running the show

by punkofnice 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I often found that there were some real dimwits that thought they were marvellous. A sort of Dunning Kruger spectrum going on.

Donkeys leading Princes. Just like our corrupt and retarded politicians.

I heard a Brother(tm) give a talk and kept mentioning the 'festival of boots'. Er...I think that's 'booths', mate! Or was it a Skinhead convention in Golders Green?

There was a CO that though that long titles for his public talks(tm) were oh so snazzy. Actually, he sounded like a complete poser.

A Brother(tm) that thought a Sister(tm) had an image of Dagon, which was actually just a glass fish ornament. What a dimwit.

Anyone else see this?

• Justaguy
    Justaguy

Your post made me chuckle as I’m sure all of us have seen this play out. There is a fascinating book on the topic called “the peter principle” that theorizes on how this happens.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Justy - I’m sure all of us have seen this play out.

Paedo protector in chief - Splane with his 'overlapping Generations(tm)' nonsense.

Dunning Kruger award right there.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The Peter Principle -- Our Government in action!

(Great reading)

• Overrated
    Overrated

The whole Jwism concept gets the Dumbass Award. Yearly!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We had another Brother(tm) who asked why we had a wire cage behind the letterbox. the usual answers was that it is a better way of collecting the mail etc etc.

He said, 'No. It's to stop people putting hose-pipes through the letter box and flooding the hall.'

There was a stunned silence. So many questions spring to mind. Where would they attach the hose for one?

These people are bloomin' bonkers....and they hold high rank inthe Jobos.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Jehovah's Witnesses seem to be in a competition with the QAnon types to see who is nuttier than a squirrel's turd.

• vienne
    vienne

Back in the day my granduncle wore a huge [well it look huge to me as a young child] silver pocket watch. A gold ornament hung from the chain. It was from a history honor society. One of the old women in his congregation accused him of wearing a cross. He thought that was funny. I thought it was moronic.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

We had a whippersnapper who got appointed as an elder - an appointment that went completely to his head, leaving him with delusions of grandeur. He thought that the fact he was an elder automatically meant that he knew more about every possible subject than those of us who weren’t. Trouble was, what he really knew about most things could have been written on the back of a postage stamp!

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Rivergang. Oops i fat fingered the dislike,,,,,twice

"Always wrong, always sure"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit