Daniel explanation

by Freedom rocks 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Have you looked for other explanations on your own? Just curious. You see, we got used to being spoonfed information by others as JWs, relying on others to tell us right from wrong. How much research have you done? I posted a link above because I was hoping you'd follow it and start that process. We can help, but ultimately part of leaving the cult is standing on your own two feet when it comes to these beliefs.

Research the origins if the bible itself and likely you'll stop caring about interpretations of specific prophecies. Everything you were taught was based on the bible being gods unfailing word. Is it? Start there.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

I've been researching the flood and don't believe that happened coz of the lack of vital evidence. Prophecies are next on my list

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I remember studying this Daniel Book with great reverence and admiration, when I was new in the cult.

There is an incidence in Daniels Book, that disturbed me a lot. Daniel is rescued from the Lion's den miraculously. OK. Then the King orders Daniels Conspirators and their family to be thrown into the Lions pit. But Why their families ?? . And Daniel, a righteous guy never objects to it

Now, I believe this book was written by some mindless person, just writing down his futuristic fantasies.

Trying to interpret the Book of Daniel... Well anyone can interpret any way they want it, tying all so called prophecies to any similar events.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

The statue represents the metals of the planets.

Gold=sun

Silver=moon

Bronze=Jupiter and Venus (the two benefics).....Jupiter's metal is tin and Venus's is copper.

Iron=Mars

Clay (earth) = Saturn.

Where is mercury though?.......It is nebuchadnezzars dream.....and Nebo in his name means the planet Mercury.

Although the metal of Saturn is lead....he is also connected with earth/clay.

http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Nebo.html#.Wm90TnnLipo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit