PLEASE HELP ME WITH WINDOWS XP !

by Hamas 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi guys, I really need your help.

Windows XP is doing my head in.

I designed www.escapethewatchtower.com on a PC with Windows2000, and it appears fine on my screen and on other computers that have windows2000 installed.

However, when I check this site on WindowsXP, it comes out all over the place ! Everything seems to be out of proportion. I don't know if this is because the settings have been changed for those with trouble seeing, as my mothers computer has special features for the hard of sight.

Has anybody else got XP but without these speical features turned on ? Can you tell me how my site looks?

It looks ok on Win2000..... I better not have to change it for WinXP.

Thanks for your help guys.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hamas, have you ever tried Macromedia Dreamweaver?

You can d/l a 30-day trial and see if you like it better. I've used it in the past and loved it. Also, if you'll pm me I can share a little more info regarding Dreamweaver 3.

Mike.

• JH
    JH

I see it ok. I have XP pro.

Maybe it's because you don't like cats.

• berten
    berten

>...Has anybody else got XP but without these speical features turned on ? Can you tell me how my site looks?

I'm also using XP and your site looks OK to me...

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Or maybe the Jews did it to you?

(ducking!) (that was a JOKE! coulda been the Muslims or the Illuminati too)

Mike.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm running XP Pro and the formatting looks good:

• Valis
    Valis

Hamas, it might be you had a different screen size/resolution when you created the page, than when you looked at it on an XP machine? Bigger screen on XP machine or smaller perhaps? This has happened to me using Frontpage.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi Hamas,I am on XP,and I have had a look at your site.

The list on the left of the screen is fine,but it seems as though everything else needs to be shunted right a bit as it is overlapping the list on the left leaving a big black margin on the right of the screen.Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Rich.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hamas, I have XP....your site looks fine.

I like it. BTW, what did you use to design it?

Stinky, what's the Dreamweaver secret? Please tell....I may buy it. If I do, I want to know what I am getting into...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I checked it with XP home - it looks fineif viewed with screen font size set to medium , smaller or smallest. When the screen font size is set to largest, it looks only a bit cluttered and overlapping in places but is still legible and all that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit