Satan Hurled Out in 1914 - Will They Say It Was Never Taught?

by Anna Marina 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Theoretically if the WTS dropped 1914 as the year Christ took his position onto his heavenly throne, they would most likely drop Satan as well being cast down to earth in that same year.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Seems Satan was cast out of heaven who started WW1

And then his comrades were cast out of heaven, in an order that started WW2, Vietnam war, gulf war and so on....

As if there hadnt been war at all before the first cast out.

And what a loving god - who casts out the devils to earth - instead of confining them in the billions of un inhabited stars and planets out there, or destroying them totally.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If Satan wasn't on earth for 2000 years until 1914 who was responsible for starting all the other human made wars ?

Humanity was actually more warring pre 1914 based upon the percentage of human population in all lands and countries.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I could never get my head round the bit where they implied God's will hadn't been done in heaven until Satan was cast out.

Kind of boggled the mind in relation to the Lord's prayer where you say, "thy will be done on earth AS it is in heaven."

Not that they say the Lord's prayer much - actually I don't recall it ever being said at the KH except maybe an extract in someone's answer or a WT paragraph.

• sir82
    sir82

A teaching that will not be changed.

One of the major linch pins that if gone would end the religion.

Pfft. Snort.

They could teach, starting tomorrow, that God is a trinity and 99% of JWs would respond with "Wow! That is deep! How faithful and discreet of them!"

There are no "lynchpins" that would precipitate the "end of the religion", other than the Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do you know what the one, and only, doctrine of any importance is to the JW religion?

Here it is:

The governing body speaks for God. To obey them is exactly equivalent to obeying God, to disobey them is exactly equivalent to disobeying God. They are infallibly correct all the time when expressing doctrine, even if what they say today is a complete and utter contradiction of what they said yesterday. Even if in conflict, what they said yesterday was true, and what they say today is true.

Everything else in the JW religion is just whipped meringue and marshmallow fluff.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Yup and that puts them in pole position to compel members to be marked with the number 666. Just another bit of new light.

• Listener
    Listener

Anna Marina, they've already taken steps to change this teaching. The Watchtower has a habit of slowly introducing new ideas before committing to a completely different doctrine.

When they released their latest Bible they included a timeline and in this they mention the year 1914. Of particular note, they do not mention Jesus' presence and instead they only include this statement

About 1914 C.E.
    Jesus hurls the serpent, Satan, to the earth, confining him there for a short time.—Revelation 12:7-9, 12.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001061221

They use the word 'about' when mentioning the year 1914 as the time Satan was hurled to earth. Stating that this occurred about 1914 means that they are no longer confident or even teaching that he was hurled down in 1914 as definite year. What they are planning in new doctrine is anyones guess but they have laid the groundwork for it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The Bible itself clearly debunks Satan being cast out of heaven and confined to the earth in 1914 .

Satan has always been around earthling`s to tempt and corrupt them according to the Bible.

From the time of Eve in the garden of Eden .....to the time of Job.....to the time of Jesus .....to the present day according to the Bible.

That is why Satan is called the God of this system of things and that he is roaming about like a roaring lion seeking to devour someone, he has always been here on earth causing trouble according to the Bible.

It is utter bullshit to say he was cast down to the earth in 1914 and that is the cause of all our woes.

He has always been here since Eves deception causing trouble according to the Bible.

So ,who are you going to believe if you are a Jehovah`s Witness ,the Bible or the Jehovah`s Witness religion.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Listener - thanks for pointing out that they are saying 'about' 1914. Very interesting. I get the sense they are keenly fishing around for a new date. But I wonder if they will succeed. I understand GB know its wrong, its old news to them.

From what I have read, I get the impression C T Russell was expecting a war from 1911 onwards. So it was lucky dip with the numbers and with 1914 he came up lucky.

But was it just luck? The reason I say this is because the WBTS 1914 lie falls by a scripture in Ezekiel, Ezekiel 40:1. It falls without any dates just on the simple mathematics.

Ezekiel 40:1 is an unusual scripture because time is being counted backwards. Jerusalem fell in the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar. The 14th year after its fall was the 25th year of Jehoiachin's exile. So 19 14 - yes, but not as they know it. Ezekiel 40:1 deals the final hammer blow to their conjuring trick of trying to make out King Jehoiachin had an 8th year of rulership, when he only ruled for 3 months and 10 days.

So will WBTS be able to switch dates? Or are they going to be stuck with it and thereby struck down by it? Have to wait and see.

Here's a chart I did showing the 7 key scriptures you need to see through their conjuring trick - wont display in Internet Explorer but seems ok in other browsers.

http://olam30.co.uk/key/b01_key_chron_chart.php

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

Some one should open a Jehovahs Witness museum. Show its history books posters and all the false predictions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit