I don't believe there are 8 million JWS

by Hotpepper 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

With all the closing of halls. And all the CSA cases. And all the jws not only slipping out the back door. You have Apostates walking straight out the front door telling the WTS to go screw themselves

Too much info on the internet

I say jws are down to about 5 million

Any thoughts?

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

On JW.org due to hundreds of thousands getting baptized each year they need more k/halls , planned to build or renovate more than 2,700 place's of worship.

During 2020 more than 1700 were built or renovated places of worship and over 100 major branch projects completed.

Not that the org would lie or exaggerate so they could exhort more money from the decreasing numbers so they need the remaining ones to give more .

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

Fadeaway the Key word is renovate. Planting weeds or painting a wall can qualify. What weasel words. Tell me EXACTLY HOW MANY HALLS THE WTS BUILT FROM THE $$_ THEY COLLECTED FROM THE BRO'S. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT STRAIGHT OUT. THANKS FOR YOUR INFO

• Overrated
    Overrated

With Watchtower there always seems to be a fake transparency. The numbers they give and then the real numbers. Just like at those convention$ always short on money but anyone who really thinks about it knows damn well that it is paid for and then some.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

You're right, there are really over 20 million, if counted by the standards of any other religion. On the other hand, the 8 million figure is active PUBLISHERS, including many unbaptized children and adults who have been hanging on the fence for many years, so it's really less from that perspective. It's hilarious but ask any JW how many baptized JWs there are and probably 99 percent would say 8 million. Fact is, the figure has never been publicly revealed.

• hoser
    hoser
    Hotpepper4 hours ago

Fadeaway the Key word is renovate. Planting weeds or painting a wall can qualify. What weasel words. Tell me EXACTLY HOW MANY HALLS THE WTS BUILT FROM THE $$_ THEY COLLECTED FROM THE BRO'S. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT STRAIGHT OUT. THANKS FOR YOUR INFO

Hot pepper:

News flash. Watchtower does not build or renovate Kingdom Halls. They expropriate them after the congregation widows donate their land and the jw contractors provide their free labour.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Im sure its whatever the watchtower society says it is. Why would you ever doubt it ?

• RickJones
    RickJones

I would think this Covid thing isn't doing anything good for their numbers right now, if the problem abates you could see a slow returning gain, a year or two down the road.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

JW's, Mormons, and Scientologist numbers are shrinking dramatically due to their being exposed on tv, documentaries, the internet, etc.

I honestly think the REAL number of JW's is hovering around 2 million.

• Corney
    Corney

Yes Hotpepper, I have a thought:

You are too deep in your WarwickMenBad echo chamber. It's not a good thing.

As to the talking points you've repeated, neither of them supports your claim.

I also have a link for you: https://ronaldlawson.net/2020/05/07/reassessing-the-size-of-mormons-adventists-and-witnesses-using-census-data-to-test-the-reliability-of-membership-data-and-accounting-for-the-disparate-patterns-found/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit