Self Intro

by Cimarrona 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

I've done a good deal of posting in my brief 24 hours here so far, figured I might as well provide a slightly more in depth narrative.

Second generation born-in. Elder's daughter and elders' granddaughter. I can't say I ever really believed the dubs, but I couldn't imagine a life without my family (especially as a young kid). My first talk was at six on the Hebrew Tetragrammaton (I must say I was quite the playwright). I got baptized at ten because my older brother (who never got baptized) told me I'd get presents. I had no idea what I was committing to. I tried to force my way through it - regular auxiliary pioneering, regular pioneering for a bit. I "served where the need was greater" abroad for months of every year; I loved traveling and learning new languages/experiencing new cultures. I had loads of "friends," though I always knew it was conditional. I always HATED "the ministry." And I tried every single form imaginable in search of something tolerable - early mornings, buses, letter writing, street corners, businesses, phones. And I HATED that ridiculous weekly routine, especially when there were three meeting days. I'd resist by pretending to be sick. But I loved the theater of meetings. I commented on every part I could comment on, I did all the demonstrations I could, I was on assembly parts. I basically wanted to be my dad, but - WHOOPS - had a vagina. No place for smart, eloquent women in "God's organization." Not to mention the racial issues in this self-purportedly post-racial organization that's always been run by a group of old white dudes (with one exception in 100 years). I left at 18 to pursue a life of letters (academic work around literature and visual art of the African diaspora). I'm generally happy but suffer the occasional bout of depression. I have my integrity and my dignity and a peace of mind I never had growing up. And I'm mother to a beautiful child who, born "out of wedlock," is surely a sign of my moral depravity to my former friends who are all either in unhappy and/or abusive marriages; can't find husbands because, well, there are only so many Bethelites; or have chosen to wait to have kids until after Armageddon lolololol. I'm good 💪🏾

• jaydee
    jaydee

from one ' old white dude '.........

Image result for bubbles crush mania icon

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome to "our club".

Remember: The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

It does sound like you're enjoying your "revenge"!

Doc

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Welcome and look forward to reading your contributions!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome! You sound like a strong and independent woman! Good for you!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Good for you girl. Live the dream.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Great story. Good to leave false hope behind at 18!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Welcome.

• millie210
    millie210

Love your take on things. Glad you are here!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome !

Great to have you here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit