Leah Remini and Scientology show

by blownaway 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blownaway
    blownaway
    I have been watching Leah Remini's show about Scientology. As she interviews people I see that I was right many years ago when I said this is a lot like the JWs. They do not go after people quite the same way but they sure are very similar in how they run their org. Take away the actual belief ideas and the tactics are exactly the same with a bit more radical control in Scientology. Cults just suck.
  • Toshibabadu
    Toshibabadu

I just watched that show also...and yes, it was weird how they use the same tactics. I never knew much about scientology but i remember watching the Ron Hunbbard book commercials when i was a kid and i felt drawn to them, now i know why...

• flipper
    flipper

BLOWNAWAY- Good thread. My wife and I are watching every episode of Leah's Season 2 shows right now. It's exactly like the Jehovah's Witnesses with the shunning and cruelty towards those who exit the cult. It is incredible that in a so-called " free " society like the United States that cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses and Scientology can even exist. The sooner these cults get eliminated - the better

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This week's episode with Paul Haggis was our (my wife's and my) favorite. Could totally relate to his experience. Just swap in JW Speak for all of the Scientology Speak and you've got the same thing.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There's a list that has been posted several times saying you might belong to a cult if: and I"m not referring to the list by that comedian, I think Steve Hassan wrote the list I'm referring to. All of the list sounds familiar for the JWs and I'm sure Scientology and even the Mormons would have to agree with the list.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's not weird that Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses use many of the same techniques, they are both cults and most cults use similar tactics to maintain control over their members and make it difficult to leave. If you are demanding a lot and giving very little back, then you have to be underhanded to keep people from leaving.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Brainwashing, mind control, tactics to allure and subdue, money and corruption mixed in with a portion of lies and ignorance.

Add in some fear of outside sources, or non members

Yup JWS and Scientology are closely related.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit