How Many Prayed For Our Poor Mexican Brothers to the South ?

by Sea Breeze 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Prior to 1990 - As witnesses, we were frequently told about our poor Mexican brothers who weren't "allowed" to use any literature out in field service, and how they weren't allowed to sing songs or use the bible at meetings. They had to use code language like "the symbol" instead of baptism. Oh the persecution!

Or course it was all bullcrap. There was no ban on religious freedom. Churches just couldn't own property. So, instead of worshipping, praying, and baptizing like a legitimate congregation.... The Wt chose to employ vast deception to get around the law. They claimed they were not a religious organization but just a cultural organization.... 'ole Rutherford would have been proud.

They demonstrated that they were willing to not even use the names Jehovah or Jesus just so they could grab the money!

With all the people leaving in the past few years I wonder how many know about that money scam.

Compare the Watchtowers' choice with that of the Apostles who roundly refused to stop preaching about Christ regardless of the consequences.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Myself, I was clueless about all of that until I started doing deeper research into the Organization's past, which led to me leaving within about a year. I knew that Witnesses in Mexico couldn't pray at meetings (as I recall) or do the other things that would identify them as a RELIGIOUS organization, but I had no idea that it had to do with property ownership.

Watchtower expects JWs to undergo persecution to the point of death if necessary, to maintain the beliefs and activities of JWs, but the Organization itself will flip and claim not to even be a religion when it comes to a materialistic issue such as owning property. I was stunned at the hypocrisy of that.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

If this doesn’t prove it’s all about the money for Watchtower, I don’t know what does. It proves their no. 1 priority is the financial health of the Pennsylvania Corporation.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i lived in mexico during all that bull crap!... I remember coming to the US and going to meetings.... they still look at our family as mexicans.

Elders still look down on illegal JWs coming to the US...

I remember it pretty well.

lies to make the USA slaves feel sorry for the Mexican slaves...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit