A Message For JWAnswers

by cofty 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Hi JWA. I want to encourage you to engage in some genuine conversation.

I appreciate what you are trying to do. You clearly have a passion for your subject — you must have invested countless hours in your series of videos. You are convinced that JWs are spiritually deluded and that you want to explain why they are wrong and, if possible, show them how to be saved.

It seems to have escaped your notice that the vast majority of forum members are ex-JWs who are already convinced that the cult teaches palpable nonsense. You are pushing on an open door. Many of us are also interested in helping JWs to see their errors and between us we have a vast amount of knowledge and experience.

Perhaps if you were to engage in a dialogue we could help you become more effective.

Many of us no longer believe in faith as a foundation for determining what is true. I think that makes you nervous. Please don't be put off. Respectful debate is a valuable thing that benefits both interlocutors and those who observe the conversation.

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself and your ministry. What got you interested in the Watchtower? Remember this is a discussion forum not a blog. You have something to contribute. Best wishes from a fellow Scot.

• steve2
    steve2

I’ve said this before, JWanswers is a misnomer. He/she tries to speak to JW organization that doesn’t answer him/her and he/she doesn’t answer forum members who question him. That’s a typical cult mentality if ever there was one.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll reserve my decision until I hear from JWA or his silence ,I`ll give him a week to think it over .

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I wonder if he's noticed this?

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Oh JWAnswers....I bumped this so you can respond....

• stillin
    stillin

I'll bump it again. Curiosity, I guess.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

Hey guys,

First of all, let me extend my apologies to all. I want to assure that I am not here to "plug" my videos and run lol. I have interacted in this forum before, and do not have a problem interacting with others and discussing the scriptures.

Secondly, I post these videos all over the internet, to name only a few (Facebook (in about ten groups), Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, Flickr, This website, YouTube, Google+ and sometimes other video websites). Please understand, if I were to comment on all my posts on all these websites, I would have to quit my full time job and respond to all, this is why I try and limit where I comment.

I usually comment actively (most days, if not every day) on Facebook and within the Jehovah's Witnesses groups that I am involved in there.

However, to keep you all happy, I will try and comment after the New Year on this website to keep active. It is good to discuss the scriptures, and I for one am not shy in doing so, therefore my reason to apologise publically.

For those who observe the Christmas holiday, have a good one, and will speak after the New Year.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
  • JW Answers
    JW Answers

And for those who are confused... I am not a Jehovah's Witnesses. I am a believer in the Lord Jesus, my faith is in the finished work of the Lord Jesus death, burial and resurrection. I am redeemed through His blood alone, and my trust is in Him.

Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

I am more than happy having discussions, however the above picture is plain ignorant and doesn't add any spiritual discussion onto the conversation.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm glad you are willing to engage in dialogue.

As a group of EX-JWs, you coming here telling us why the Watchtower is wrong is like 'teaching your granny how to suck eggs'. The topic that interest many here is not why the WT is a cult — that is a given — but the bigger questions around god, the bible and faith.

If you are going to be effective you need to be open to discussing these fundamental questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit