B.H. Barton

by Judgerussellford 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

I've recently purchased a re typed ... I guess its an outline, on ebay by a B.H. Barton. Retype dated around the 20s. Originaly typed around 1909. Anyone have any idea who he was?

• vienne
    vienne

Benjamin H. Barton was a Watch Tower pilgrim, a traveling evangelist/speaker. He was one of the Americans Russell sent off to England to visit congregations there. He is briefly mentioned in Separate Identity vol 2. An early Watch Tower says he was one of the first Elders in Philadelphia.

Could you share a scan of your sermon outline?

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Hi Vienne

I was just talking to Atlantis about something similar recently. I don't personaly have but less than a handful of scans. Most of my collection consists of hard copies and I personaly don't have a scanner or know how to use one without hurting the original, if you can even hurt it. Although I did just have a thought. Archive.org has a huge collection of scans. You may be able to find it there. It's entitled "Gods covenants". And if Atlantis can't find it (because they've helped me just find some impossible stuff since my recent activity here) then I guess I'll have to save up for one and start sharing with you guys the library that I've accumulated

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Now let me see, under the heading of "Covenants" and under the word "Barton", push "search" on the Pegasus and grab a cup of coffee and wait a few minutes and we have:

B.H. Barton, Talks, God's Covenants" pictures, Peoples Pulpit Ads. Letters. Newspaper Ads, original outline on the covenants, Reproduction found in the 1909 Convention Report.

Yes, I'll zip all this stuff up and come back with a download link for anyone who wants it.

What else do we have under the letter "B"....Bar-B-Que Baked Beans and Ribs!....ooppps wrong file!

I'll get that original outline for Vienne and a cappuccino!

Be right back!

Old-Timer!

• Atlantis
  • vienne
    vienne

Atlantis,

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Annie

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Hi Annie!

Always welcome!

Atlantis!

• vienne
    vienne

While we're discussing old files, do you have any of the talk outlines from the 1940s?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1947 Talk Outlines

Atlantis!
  • vienne
    vienne

Atlantis, my profoundest thanks.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit