Publisher death nail.

by Chook 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chook
    Chook

I have done this exactly as quoted more than once. I ask elder if it's better to hide serious sin or reveal, of course we know the answer. Then I ask them to explain elders book page 38 paragraph 19, which say it's sometimes ok for elder who has committed immorality and has kept it secret to continue serving as elder. The crazy thing is that it says if there is evidence of Gods blessing on his life, I just can't comprehend how they equate hiding immorality and blessing in same paragraph. I spoke to elder about their internal elders book and he said there is nothing in ther that wouldn't be in WT mag , I said bull. I was speaking on ph with him when I said turn to page 38 and read para 19, he did then I reasoned with him that I don't think a publisher would be on microphones or book counter next meeting if they hid immorality ,yet mr elder may have served on Judical committees against publishers of lesser crimes .Also I said you have got more chance of walking on water than that paragraph appearing in WT mag. To be honest one elder didn't even know it was in there, I suggest he get his wife's opinion of it.

• kairos
    kairos

**Elder Crushing Content**

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

This is the paragraph that really got to my husband. His reasoning..."so I can commit a sin, go to the Elders to confess my sin. I am truly repentant. The Elders decide that you don't "seem" repentant (this really happens) and they decide to DF you. NOW...an Elder commits a sin and it's ok because some time has passed. Well...the Elders little handbook says Jehovah is cool with it so let's just move along. This is bullsh*t! It's a get out of Jail card for a sinful elder. What a sick bunch of hypocrites!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It's crazy, hypocritical, and looks plain sneaky. But I guess it's just what happens when you have a group of people who take their own selection by "Holy Spirit" extremely seriously. They reason in their heads that Jehovah is in charge of the elders arrangement, and Jehovah doesn't make mistakes. So if it looks like an elder got away with something, then "logically" Jehovah must have allowed it to happen that way, because he doesn't want the elder removed.

• Sliced
    Sliced

This little above mentioned clause in the elders book is when the walls started crumbling down for me. I started to wake up- I started to see just what was going on----> and I am ever so thankful to be OUT of the CULT that JW's are.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Here is the the paragraph as well as the next ones.

“19. If it comes to light or an appointed brother confesses that he has committed a disfellowshipping offense years in the past: The body of elders may determine he can continue to serve if the following is true: The immorality or other serious wrongdoing occurred more than a few years ago, and he is genuinely repentant, recognizing that he should have come forward immediately when he sinned. (Perhaps he has even confessed to his sin, seeking help with his guilty conscience.) He has been serving faithfully for many years, has evidence of God’s blessing, and has the respect of the congregation.”

“20. If the sin occurred before he was appointed as an elder or a ministerial servant, the elders will need to take into consideration the fact that he should have mentioned this possible impediment to his being qualified when elders interviewed him just prior to announcing his appointment. Moreover, the nature of the sin may reflect greatly on his qualifications to serve. For example, the sin may involve past child abuse, and this would likely disqualify him for many years.​—w97 1/1 pp. 26-29; w77 pp. 697-698. See October 1, 2012, letter to all bodies of elders regarding child abuse.

21. If the wrongdoing occurred within the past few years while he was serving as an elder or a ministerial servant, he is disqualified from serving as such, not being “free from accusation.” (1 Tim. 3:2, 10; Titus 1:6, 7) Depending on the circumstances, the situation may also need to be handled by a judicial committee.​—See 5:43-44.”

Excerpt From: WATCHTOWER. “Shepherding textbook (ks10-E).” iBooks.

• Chook
    Chook

Which proves no Holy Spirit involved in appointment

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Looking at those paragraphs, why wouldn't that hold true for anyone then? For a brother OR a sister? Why is it just for the elders?

That makes not sense! If a person has evidence of Jah's holy spirit in their life then let it alone right? But no, not if you're not an elder. That's a double standard if I ever say one for sure!

• smiddy
    smiddy

One set of rules/standards for Elders and another set for the R&F , hypocrites .

• freddo
    freddo

Actually it also includes MS's and possibly pioneers? ("appointed man" not just elder) Maybe pioneer sisters too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit