California Tubbs Fire photos you might not find find anywhere else...

by La Capra 7 Replies latest jw friends

• La Capra
    La Capra

To

To quote someone near and dear: They should have built the whole Kingdom Hall out of the same thing they built the signs...

I had to wait nearly two weeks to get into the neighborhood to get these pictures for your voyeuristic interests...This is peanuts compared to the over 5,000 homes that were destroyed (this number includes individual units in large apartment complexes that were completely razed). Those pictures and videos are available in the media. Wine Country is a community devastated.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

zIm actually fascinated by the trees. I don't know if I'm not seeing them properly, or perhaps I'm not properly cognizant with the effects of fire, but are these perhaps some varieties of ' fire retardant'( for want of a better term) trees? I just vaguely remember hearing about some types of tree from regions that suffer from forest fire learning to cope and proliferate in the future. Or maybe the fire just passed them over, somehow?

maybe they should have built the whole KH out of the same stuff they made the signs from

Lololo!

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Most of those trees look like they've been scorched. If there wasn't a firestorm in that location but just a creeping fire, some of the trees might live.

• compound complex
    compound complex

There was fire in my community.

Insurers will pay for the trees, but I don't know how the damage is rated and what they end up paying.

• kairos
    kairos

Pretty sure I gave a talk there

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Thanks for the pictures.....

Kingdom Hall, 184 Ursuline Rd, Santa Rosa California USA

Used by three congregations:

• Mark West Spanish
    • Mark West English
    • Larkfield (English)

MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/NoTyLYLXZJC2

Some BEFORE pictures......

LINK for larger picture one

LINK for larger picture two

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My heart goes out to all in that fire ravaged community.

But, as for the society - well they will end up making far more out of this through insurance....AND they will expect the local congregation to donate time and money to rebuild. Double dipping....

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Should have built the cult center there out of "fire resistant materials" like that old talk outline. Very representative of the organization as a whole, including cult members. Crumbles under heat, hollow inside, all the while things that don't matter like that stupid logo stand tall, signifying nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit