What Are the Top JW Issues That Just Burn Your Buns the Most?

by Wild_Thing 42 Replies latest jw friends

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming
    For me, it's the more recent obsession of fleecing the entire flock. Cleaning out the congregation's savings account, mandating perpetual mortgage payments through an official congregation motion, asking kids for their ice cream money, publishing a means to leave the WT an "inheritance," selling all the Brooklyn property that was refurbished by volunteer labor of the rank and file, cutting costs by kicking bethelites to the curb, instituting new KH designs that favor flipping them as commercial property, getting rid of special pioneers, and fattening the wallet with pseudo convention and assembly costs.
  • flipper
    flipper

So many thing it's hard to list them all, but in approximate order here's my top 10 list.

1. Horrific Child Abuse policies and cover up and the damage this causes destroying lives.

2. Shunning policies and effect on mental health of active & inactive members - how it steals away their authentic , compassionate normal human personalities.

3. The " no blood transfusion " policies - how they were switched into allowing blood fractions if someone's conscience allows- yet not one WT Society leader will ever be indicted for murder in the thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses - minor children or adults - who died from such criminal policies.

4. The dishonest clamoring for financial support from rank & file JW's - especially older long time JW's who have been scammed out of inheritances, life insurance policies, sales of homes, possessions, jewelry, automobiles - all donated for " kingdom interests " which is just bullshit. It's for the financial benefit of WT leaders. And to pay child abuse lawsuits.

5. Also the dishonest abusing of free labor in building kingdom halls, assembly halls, or poverty level Bethel jobs - then spitting out such workers back into the " real world " with nowhere to go with any real paying job experience.

6. The dishonest takeover of kingdom halls- once again done by free labor and donated funds from rank & file JW members- then the WT Society takes over the titles at the kingdom halls.

7. The dissing and putting down of higher education in colleges which limits the ability of JW's to earn a living in the real world and also limits their mental ability to not be able to think critically. So it causes JW's to have a VERY limited real world view in which they are prey for unscrupulous abuse by mind control cults LIKE the WT Society and Scientology and others.

8. The " overlapping generation " theory. It just frosts my balls. Cults and religions for CENTURIES have been promising the alleged " end of the world "- it never happens. It's a marketing ploy or tool that religions AND mind control cults use in order to keep members living in fear and guilt- needlessly so - and these people live in paranoia and fear freezing their minds from ever pursuing really useful things in the real world !

9. Allowing a DIFFERENT set of rules to benefit long time elders- yet rank & file JW's get treated much more harshly if they don't have a " position " within the WT organization. The hypocrisy of allowing elders to once again be appointed as elders even if they " sinned " many years previously- yet a rank & file JW will be held accountable for those same " sins " and pay heavier penalties of disfellowshipping - yet elders get away scot free with no punishment. According to the WT elders manual.

10. The WT Society accusing ANY negative information about their organization in the news media or the Internet as being lies, Satan's influence, or apostate misrepresentations. This is done to shut the minds down of rank & file JW's so that they will just dismiss checking out these assertions for themselves ! Thus they continue to live in denial and oblivion thanks to the huge protective shield WT leaders insist they put around themselves. The " protective shield " doesn't protect JW's at all- it keeps them enslaved to lack of true information or hooked by " information control ".

So in a nutshell those 10 things are pretty much my big issues with this JW and WT organization. Let's free more people from this criminal organization

• ssn587
    ssn587
    Baker, when dubs wouldn't help pay for gas they wouldn't get to ride along anymore, which is why I often drove my van with only me in it.
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear

Awesome comments so far, and I must say I agree with them all. For me personally it is this:

The double standard of what they say and the reality. They say "Do your best. Just do what you can do. Jehovah knows your limitations. Be modest (recognize your own limitations)" But the reality is at every single meeting and in every single article you get bombarded with "DO MORE. Reach out! Extend yourself." etc.... So the result is, even though you ARE doing all that you can possibly do, you feel worthless and guilty.

I've come to realize this is nothing more than a mind control trick. If you feel miserable about yourself you will be too down to question anything, and that's exactly where they want to keep you.

I spent a large number of the years of my life as a true believer. I was 100% from 18 to about 37, believed it all and felt miserable and guilty and depressed over my own very minor shortcomings. All for what? Nothing. For a bs lie.

Since I've woken up I am no longer guilty, no longer depressed and I'm actually LIVING my life. To me this is one of the largest travesties they inflict upon their members because it affects each and every one regardless.

Who was it that said "Religion is a snare and a racket!" ? CT Russell or Rutherford? One of them said that and they couldn't have been more right.

• Crazy Angel
    Crazy Angel
    I dont care about wtbs policy and controversial issues but what is important to me , is its dealings regarding fellow human..(after I left) they will not recognize all your hardwork and sacrifices , not even a "thank you", worst is you've been hated as you are an enemy.I don't see a love in the 0rg.
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I agree with everything everyone has said! It makes you see just how totally abhorrent is the WT cult!!

What bothers and hurts me the most is the way I treated my non-JW family.... and it's too late for me to connect with or make amends with some of them as they have already died. Such like that breaks my heart....

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

My biggest issue is the 'lying for the Truth' aka 'Theocratic Warfare'

Effing liars

• Giordano
    Giordano

The actual Society and all that they teach and try to get away with is what burns my buns the most.

From their dismal hell hole in Brooklyn N.Y. everything we hate and detest has the Society's stamp on it.

If you had to choose the invisible entity that guided the Society from it's start to the present day and you had to choose just between Jesus and Satan............... Who has their stamp on the WTBT$?

Here's a hint....... notice how the WT has a tenancy to build on toxic waste dumps................. Who loves the smell of sulfur in the morning?

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

The systemic and breath taking arrogance which permeates the organisation so thoroughly.

The organisation excells in its arrogance and controlling strategies so well that they have a marketable service and don't realise it. For example, the WTBTS / GBoJW could enter into a contract with the government of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to provide an enhanced level of training to their Saudi Muttawa (spiritual police). After all, BoE's function as Saudi Muttawa - they're just better at it!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

The way they've tied everything up so tight there's its really difficult for people to think their way out of it. We say to our families the 1914 generation are all dead, they play the guilt card and say we're not serving Jehovah to a specific date. That's not the point, we say, making false prophecies means your religion is false! They say are you criticising those appointed by God!

We say where's the love in the JWs, the sign of true Christianity? They say we're just imperfect humans. We say we're just imperfect humans trying to find our way in life, trying to find answers to our questions and doubts. Then they say that shows a lack of faith and humility, you must be apostates.

Rinse, repeat. Circular arguments!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit