LEAKED Talk - Depression Is A Part Of This Life

by pale.emperor 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

A sign that a person or organization is abusive is when they point the finger outward and blame others for all their issues and shortcomings and do not accept feedback on things that need improvement.

• zeb
    zeb

and "These Jehovah Witness elders are shown themselves to be woefully ignorant of standard practices in the real world, seriously unprepared for hearings, completely lacking in compassion for the victim and untrained to be real shepherds; and all consistently have poor memories." (emph mine.)

from the ARC 2015

Consider the performance of the elders at the ARC where they had time to prepare and notes (!) to call on. How would such buffoons be expected to advice or support a person stricken with depression.

• nmthinker
    nmthinker

He might as well be reading directly off a transcript. For a talk about coping with depression he is sorely lacking a compassionate voice. And the victim blaming is pathetic.

• millie210
    millie210

Well he is half right....if you are a JW depression IS part of the package.

• Sliced
    Sliced

WOW- so around the 30 minute mark--- if you are UNHAPPY in a marriage and you realize that you did indeed marry the WRONG person. TOO BAD!!! You are under a contract with God and you will have to suffer through it.

• sir82
    sir82

Without JWs, pharmaceuticals who manufacture antidepressants would have much lower profits.

So yeah, being a JW is pretty much hand-in-glove with being depressed. Funny how that works.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Depression is a part of this life as a Jehovah's Witness.

There, I fixed it.

• Listener
    Listener

They want to give the message that depression is not caused by being in their 'spiritual paradise and when it is it's not their fault, it is somebody else's, such as the disfellowshipped person.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

This talk was so over the top I couldn't help wondering if the speaker was "awake"... It seemed like satire to me! or am I finally seeing thru the double-talk....

• coalize
    coalize

Fuck!

I'm depressive now... Just listening that crap 5 minutes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit