TIL - 537 BC is in the Bible - and more

by berrygerry 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kepler
    kepler

Ever notice when the construction of the 2nd Temple in Jerusalem was supposedly kicked off?

Here's an on-line description:

"The Second Temple was an important Jewish Holy Temple (Hebrew: בֵּית־הַמִּקְדָּשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי‎‎, Beit HaMikdash HaSheni) which stood on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem during the Second Temple period, between 516 BCE and 70 CE. According to Judeo-Christian tradition, it replaced Solomon's Temple (the First Temple), which was destroyed by the Neo-Babylonian Empire in 586 BCE, when Jerusalem was conquered and a portion of the population of the Kingdom of Judah was taken into exile in Babylon."

Now, are you looking for 70 years?

Actually, it was Sennecharib that condemned Babylon to a 70 year desolation. And then Esarhaddon came up with a clever way to rescind it. So 70 years had been kind of a middle eastern standard when authorities were severely provoked.

But let's see. What was 70 years before 516 BC?... Did I mention the date?

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Ah, heck, call a witness that is in living in that part of the world...where there should be some record of it...If us Americans have information on this...why not the place that it happened....

I've said on this board before, I would like to go there and find out for myself...not that their info. might be that accurate, but it'll be a dam sight better than the proof of the WT....

That's just my 2 or 3 cents....

They found the Bible, so why can't this info. be found as well....

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit