Family Insists on Having Relationship with My Child -_-

by Cimarrona 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

We did allow them the time with the kids until the kids started coming home saying "Jehovah doesn't like that", "Jehovah doesn't like birthdays...Christmas".

Same here. My 3yo daughter is secretly palmed off to my mother (who tells people im dead) by my ex-wife. At xmas time she randomly told me "Jehovah doesnt like Christmas". Fortunately, i acted surprised and said "doesnt he? well thats alright because i like it. Do you like it?" and she said yes. Now i say "it's ok, Jehovah's not real. He's just pretend".

I think your boy would be better off without them. Think about it, they have a toxic belief system. If your boy ever did join the JWs (heaven forbid!) and then left they'd all drop him like a hot brick.

My family haven't spoke to me in 2 years but nag my ex wife to see my daughter. She doesn't really like going there but my brother tells me she's been handing her over every couple of weeks. As long as the kid is with you more than the JWs i think you'll be ok provided you call bullshit on any JW crap they come out with. And reason with the child (something JWs wont do, allow critique and inquiry into their doctrine).

• cofty
    cofty
    "As long as your desire to have a relationship with my child is contingent on my absence, you will not have a relationship with him. I'm not allowing him to be taught that I'm to be treated as less than for any reason, biblical or otherwise. I am open, as I always have been, to developing a loving, respectful, harmonious relationship so that you can show him by example that I am to be loved and respected. He will not be exposed to anything else."

Perfect!

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

@m3tadata similar situation happened with my other sister. She's an uber uber dub - doing her assignment in bumfuck nowhere post-SKE/mid-30s virgin/y'all know the type. She came into town and my mom brought the baby to see her and only told me very matter of fairly thereafter. I told my mom then that if anyone wants a relationship with Amistad they can ask me and they can come to my house if I see fit to facilitate it. She didn't talk to me for several weeks after that. Shrug.

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

Thank you for that thorough explanation @wake me up

• carla
    carla

It is not easy being a single mother much less with the added jw crap to go along with it. That being said, your job as a parent is to protect your child. Protection means physically, spiritually, mentally and naturally from sexual abuse which is a problem within the jw cult.

It is not easy to clean the house, do errands, etc... with a child as a single parent (or even a married parent) but millions of parents do it every day. You need to stop relying on your parents/family for anything if you want any leg to stand on at all regarding the jw issue.

Find a way to move out of their place even if you do pay rent they are still in 'parent mode' and you are still depending on them.

If they want a relationship with your child it should be under your strict supervision, never, ever leave a child alone with a jw, any jw, including your parents. They WILL take any opportunity to attempt to brainwash your child further confusing a young mind. Let them know in no uncertain terms that if they want a relationship with the grandchild you are a package deal and where one is welcome so is the other. Furthermore there will be no talk of anything jw related at all.

Please protect your child.

I would suggest you find a group of young mothers to befriend and trade babysitting services, advice and friendship. Try 'Meetup' and find a group you may be interested in or a play group to get to know people.

If you have to move across the country and start over to protect your child, so be it. Start thinking of alternative options.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

The Apostates are fighting back. Watchtower and JW's have NEVER had to deal with this before. I am glad to hear so many are giving it back to those who THINK they are "lovingly" trying to bring you back to the fold (cult).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Consider sending them this article too, when the WT scripturally condemned the Catholic doctrine of Excommunication (Disfellowshipping):

Awake 1947 January 8 page 27 excommunication

• GTSfromSY
    GTSfromSY

I would recommend that you, and one’s in your situation analytically think about this for a minute:

Here is the bottom line Cimarrona: the end game your parents and other parents like them are playing is to “save” your children by indoctrinating them with the truth so they do not “die in Armageddon”. THEY ARE DOING IT by either word or deeds whether you think they are or not. THAT is the only reason why they care about your kids.

If your children do not respond and they cannot indoctrinate them, eventually your parents will have NO CHOICE but to cut off your child anyway because “they don't want anything to do with Jehovah”. They have to! They are instructed to do so, according to the current doctrine.

If it DOES work and your child becomes responsive to their influences, watch out because your kids will then do that same to YOU.

Sorry to sound mean about this but the Watchtower controls your family as well as mine/others and they are DANGEROUS due to the belief system. It is hard to think about your own parents in that way but it is true. The last thing you want are your parents AND your kids shunning you.

Don’t let those monkeys aka governing body members all the way in NYC affect your life and happiness like that!

I personally would NOT let my parents see my children unless I was there with them, PERIOD. So if they don't want to see me, then you will not see my kids. I would however still be nice and cordial to them.

Just my two sense!

Gabe.

• freddo
    freddo

GTSfromSY said ...

"I personally would NOT let my parents see my children unless I was there with them, PERIOD. So if they don't want to see me, then you will not see my kids. I would however still be nice and cordial to them."

This!

• just fine
    just fine

Your life, your kid, your rules. They cannot insist on anything without your consent. Don’t give your choices and power over to someone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit