Question for those still attending the Kingdom Hall

by ToesUp 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Well,doubtfully yours I agree with you at least they are enjoying life....I believe its the only one we'll ever have so even though I want people to wake up if they DO stay dubs I would rarther they enjoy their lives...just sayin'!
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Pops congo went from about 50 to 35 in the past two years. 18 to 20 during the midweek meeting.
  • Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

I am still attending. I speak with many about this in general. It seems that they are resentful since the end never came and they feel lied to. There are at least four people in the Congo who will tell almost anyone that. We have 45-50 people for the mid-week meeting 70-75 on Sunday. This has slipped quite a bit over the past ten years or so. At the circuit assembly and special assembly day there are between one and four people baptized regularly. Most seem to be believing children. There are little or no converts in the English congregations anymore. Hours and hours of field service, little in the way of results. Mostly "not at homes". The Elders do not have the competency of prior generations. The meetings bore almost everyone to tears. Only the older Sisters say something pleasant to the Elders after the meetings. It is conspicuous that many of the members avoid them and just smile and speak nicely to them when they have to. The changing doctrines are getting people now, more so than before. I don't think fifteen percent of the Publishers can recite what the Generation now means. All the kids have left. Only some small minor children attend. Teenage and above are gone. It is almost amazing. Most of the people have no children in the religion anymore. There is a definite and palpable decline not only the number of members, but in attitude and energy. It's sad really. People can only take so much. They feel taken advantage of, as they tell me.

• steve2
    steve2

I don't think fifteen percent of the Publishers can recite what the Generation now means.

Show me a JW who can comfortably explain even the old 1914 doctrine, let alone the new version, and I'll show you someone almost out the door.

\It is ironic that, those who have studied the different versions of this far-fetched doctrine and could potentially explain it clearly also seriously doubt it.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Spanish JWs in my area are clueless and careless about the overlapping gen crap. Most are in it for the community/association. When it comes to prophesy and anything the least bit complicated, their eyes glaze over. 🤔

The true meaning of the phrase "ignorance is bliss".

DY

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Most are in it for the community/association."

I think this is true of a good majority of JW's. The ones that I am still close with do not have any other relationships outside of the cult. I actually sit there and listen to them bash and trash talk the "one and only true religion" and then 1 millisecond later say "but it's still the truth." I REALLY have to bite my tongue and stop myself from saying....WTF!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

For many of us inside, the 'alternative' is not pretty either, so we will stick with what we know. There is this crazy Spanish saying that goes something like "better a bad one you know than a good one you have to get to know" (mejor un malo conocido que un bueno por conocer).

JWs are a nice, peaceful, happy, harmless bunch for the most part. So....... let the band play on.

DY

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FREDDO:

I am glad those two older ladies are out and bravo to the one who disassociated herself! I have to assume these are ladies were alone in the religion (either single, widowed or divorced).

These women probably saw the handwriting on the wall that not only is the religion CRAP - but they are being targeted for their money and being asked to do favors for all the users, not to mention having the newer influx of "disturbed" individuals inflicted on them!

Whether this is by design or default, I certainly wasn't tolerating this garbage and this is the major reason I got out of there!

Yeah, it's a wonder the JW religion can retain anybody anymore!

• steve2
    steve2

There is this crazy Spanish saying that goes something like "better a bad one you know than a good one you have to get to know" (mejor un malo conocido que un bueno por conocer).

Similar to the English saying, "Better the devil you know than the devil you don't."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

My question , when was the last time someone join the cult that had no family members in

the organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit