Do you believe in Armageddon ??? Watchtower sure scares them good !!!

by run dont walk 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• City Fan
    City Fan
    In the human court system a person has to undergo a trial, a sentence and the punishment

Mizpah - but you don't have to go to trial for something your parent or ancestor has done. But I agree that if one believes in the bible then you have to accept that God sits in judgement over mankind. In my view though the God of the bible, especially the old testament is not very just. There are many accounts of his unjust decisions. 2 Sam 24:13 shows that God sends a pestilence to kill 70,000 men because David had conducted a census. What did these 70,000 men do wrong?

Maybe Yahweh should apply his own words at Deut 24:16 "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor shall the children be put to death for the fathers; every man shall be put to death for his own sin" (RSV)

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

I believe in Armageddon, because I believe the bible, but I don't know that it will be like the JW's say it will be and I definitely dont believe that JW's are the only ones who will make it through, in fact I believe that most of them probably wont make it. Only god knows what is in each persons heart, and if Armageddon doesn't come within the next few years most people will be killed off by a nuclear holocaust anyway. Either way I do believe these are the last days!

• Swickley
    Swickley

Hamas, you are so right. Just a tool invented by the bourgeois to keep the proletariat under control. Practically speaking, its worked quite well for them.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Genesis chapter 8

20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though [1] every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

22 "As long as the earth endures,
    seedtime and harvest,
    cold and heat,
    summer and winter,
    day and night
    will never cease."

This passage seems to indicate that the LORD will not intervene to destroy on purpose, and that day and night will never cease as long as the earth endures. Sounds more like MAN or more likely NATURE will be the cause.

will p

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Swickley !

Unfortunately, it has worked well for them.

Likewise, many people still believe in it. Not only that, they fear it.

How sad

• Michele Lyon
    Michele Lyon

What if Armegeddon is already underway?

What if the Great Trib. and Armegeddon are basically one in the same?

What if Armegeddon is not at all the way we were taught?

Ask anyone who had been a victim or survivor of the Nazi Regime what they thought of Armegeddon, what would be their answer? What about 9-11, what would victims or survivors say about it then?

What if the concept is absolutely real but our defination of it needs to change?

Michele

• Room 215
    Room 215

... And this book focuses its nightmarish vision on the most impressionable ... the JW youth. Of course, there's no gainsaying what the Bible says; the question is: what does it mean? In order to reconcile these passages to a God that purports to reconcile mankind to himself through the sacrifice of his Son, it would seem reasonable that these descriptions are intended to serve as symbolic imagery rather than to be taken literally. Moreover, it's hard to believe that a God of infinite wisdom -- not to mention love-- cannot devise a more constructive alternative to remediation of the earth than effacing 99.9 percent of humanity.

And just how is it, that according to JW theology, people living on the brink of Armageddon can escape His wrath and assure their place in the New Earth by the simple expedient of dying beforehand and thus qualifying for the ``general" resurrection? Ludicrous!

• Black Man
    Black Man

After 9/11, I'm convinced that a loving God wouldn't bring about Armageddon in the fashion that we've seen depicted in pics (buildings falling over peeps, men, women and animals running hysterically in the streets). If Armageddon is true, I think God can make that happen in a fashion befitting a person of love and order. I also don't think that he's gonna destroy 99% of the population either.

• little witch
    little witch

Like ya said, Run,

What a pile of garbage.

''I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than die with the saints'' (billy joel)

did I really waste one of my posts on this crap?

Yep, guess so...sigh

• Michele Lyon
    Michele Lyon

There is accountability all through nature.

1. You jump off a 20 story building w/out a net you will die!

2. You kill someone you will go to jail (eventually)!

There is a natural, "what goes around- comes around" to life. Those who are truly evil usually receive a comeuppance before they die. And alot of times it can be a terrible consequence due to their actions.

I personally would prefer to worship a God who is not a wuss. I'am tired of the wicked always winning. But all thru history there has always been an accountability. Why would now be different? Just perhaps larger!

A sign to me that something is getting closer is by the fact, the wicked are not winning as much as they used to!

Why would I be afraid Armeggedon is true? What do I have to hide? The only ones who should fear are those who live a lie. No-one has anything to fear unless they are on the wrong side.

Hey, Marilyn Manson knows the truth! He acknowledges armegeddon and admits he'll die. Know's it!!

Michele

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit