Beards mentioned again in magazine!

by neat blue dog 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It all depends on the local Pharisees.

Most elders are willing to accept a few pedophiles in the congregation, but beards are a step to far.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The reason why the paragraph seems to be contradicting itself? Besides the obvious benefits of anonymity from doubletalk, there also may have been a split in the voting among the GB, and this reflects it.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I recall in a number of the societies illustrations that many, if not all of the male biblical characters were depicted having beards. Not to mention the male actors in past biblical dramas at the conventions 'having beards' too.

So, if it was okay for them to have beards in their day, then what is the problem of men today choosing to grow a beard?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Leviticus 19:27 “‘You must not shave the hair on the side of your head or disfigure the edges of your beard."

Case closed...the Bible says it's okay. Enjoy your new beard! lol

• stillin
    stillin

Mutton chops! Like Wolverine! "And our guest speaker today is..."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

"Are not considered acceptable" - passive voice. Not considered acceptable by who? And why?

Not acceptable to the eldurrs. Because they said so, that's why. For nearly two months I have had a well trimmed beard with not a peep. Now today I had the perfunctory visit by the COBE. First question was, "What is that?" Second question, "Why."

Answers were, "A beard." And, "Because I want one." Followed by my question, "Do you want a beer?" So we set and had a few. Not another word about the beard. We'll see what the next few weeks bring, but it isn't coming off until I decide to!

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

1 Corinthians 8:9...."But keep watching that your right to choose does not somehow become a stumbling block to those who are weak."

The scripture above that is quoted has nothing to do with beards. If you don't follow the WT rules, you may stumble someone.

I've had that thrown in my face more times than I can remember. My stock reply now is, "Your legalistic personal view not backed up by scripture stumbles me."

• Ding
    Ding

Imagine C.T. Russell being told he'd have to shave off his beard...

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Leviticus 19:27 “‘You must not shave the hair on the side of your head or disfigure the edges of your beard."

But the governing body will say we are not under the mosaic law so there is no prohibition on shaving. Yet they will turn around and use the very next verse to try treating someone like a leper for getting a tattoo.

HYPOCRITES!!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It's funny how they quote the scripture about stumbling others, yet Elders don't have a problem keeping their kids in college. They don't seem to mind "stumbling others." Hmmm!

HYPOCRITES!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit