Has the GB changed any published information on their JW Library?

by Tenacious 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

I think there has been ones in the past that have shown that yes they have. I know in their older publications they have changed then example. January 1989 wt that stated the end would come before they end of the 20th century yet when the wt bound volume came out later that year or early the next year that line was changed.

Their a devious bunch of scum bags!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thank you to all for verifying what I suspected.

I do remember how they tried to downplay and even change what they said about 1914 being the beginning of the GT, then Armageddon then the End of the Gentile era, yada, yada, yada.

I just figured I'd keep it as proof they have indeed changed somethings and even deleted some things.

Sneaky little bastards.

• TexWiller
    TexWiller

Hello careful,

my friend MacHislopp and I hope that the following quotes will help you.

*** w14 8/15 p. 25 par. 15 Hear Jehovah’s Voice Wherever You Are ***

15 Jehovah wants the best for us. (Ps. 1:1-3) He provides ample guidance just when we need it. (Read Hebrews 4:16.) Although he was perfect, Jesus depended on regular communication with Jehovah, and he prayed incessantly. Jehovah supported and directed Jesus in marvelous ways. He sent angels to minister to him, provided His holy spirit to help him, and guided him in selecting the 12 apostles. Jehovah’s voice was heard from the heavens, expressing His support and approval of Jesus. (Matt. 3:17; 17:5; Mark 1:12, 13; Luke 6:12, 13; John 12:28) Like Jesus, we need to pour out our heart in prayer to God. (Ps. 62:7, 8; Heb. 5:7) Through prayer, we can stay in close communication with Jehovah and successfully follow a course in life that brings honor to him.

And

*** w13 10/15 p. 29 par. 9 Act in Harmony With Jesus’ Loving Prayer ***

Jesus expressed his main concern in life by praying: “Father, glorify your name.” (John 12:28) So we should not be surprised that Jesus weaves this concern for his Father’s name throughout the prayer that we are now examining.

*** w10 8/15 p. 11 par. 14 How Jesus Magnifies God’s Righteousness ***

After expressing these natural human feelings, Jesus unselfishly switched his focus to the matter of greater importance and prayed: “Father, glorify your name.” Jehovah immediately responded: “I both glorified it and will glorify it again.” (John 12:27, 28) Yes, Jesus was willing to go through the greatest test of integrity any human has ever had to face. But hearing those words of his heavenly Father undoubtedly gave Jesus strong confidence that he would succeed in magnifying and vindicating Jehovah’s sovereignty. And succeed he did!

*** w08 4/15 p. 32 par. 1 Highlights From the Book of John ***

As the Passover of 33 C.E. nears, Jesus returns to Bethany. On Nisan 9, he comes to Jerusalem, riding upon the colt of an ass. On Nisan 10, Jesus comes to the temple again. In answer to his prayer for his Father’s name to be glorified, a voice out of heaven says: “I both glorified it and will glorify it again.”—John 12:28.

Greetings,

T.W. and JC MacHislopp

• careful
    careful

TW & JCM:

I'm not sure how to understand your post. What do WT magazine statements from 2008 to 2014 have to do with the 1980s? Did I not make it clear that the reference I spoke of could in no way be found in any WTS index or webpage?

How do your statements relate the original post here? I do not want to be impolite or insulting, but I must wonder about your motives. Are you rather slow on the uptake? Are you in some way trying to defend the WTS/GB and their followers? This forum is hardly the place for that!

Whatever is going on with your post, for those with real interest in my point and how it relates to Tenacious' OP, I found the reference. It is on p. 11 of the 15 Feb 1987 WT, the USA edition. But again, one can only see it if one has the original individual magazine. It was changed in the bound volume and all subsequent postings of that. The key part of the article reads, "Evidently this was said primarily for Jesus' benefit," in direct contradiction to John 12:30.

• TexWiller
    TexWiller

Hello careful,

allow me to make two observations:

1. I'll send your latest comment to JC MacHislopp and ask him to

explain the reason behind the selected quotes.

1. Concerning “ motives” and even worst “ trying to defend

theWTS/GB and their followers?” you should know better

that your comment demonstrate that unfortunately you lack

knowledge of our friend JC MacHislopp's posting history on

this board, which has clearly demonstrate his desire to uncover

and bring to the open , the WTBS Inc dealing on a variety

of topics i.e. Money matters, teaching, UNO affiliation/association, etc.etc.

No hard feeling, just to make it clear,

Greetings,

TW and JC MacHislopp

• careful
    careful

TW,

Thanks for the partial explanation. Like many people here, I do not have the time to research every poster's personal history on this forum. My life is very busy. We all have only 24 hours a day to get things done, and researching each poster's personal history here is certainly not a high priority for me. I don't think that I "should know better," either! The members here are a diverse group and some of us don't have that much time to spend at this forum. Also I was asking a question—there's no need to take offense at that. What is a person to think when someone responds by going so far off topic? Think about these things, please, before you chide someone with what they "should" know or do...

• TexWiller
    TexWiller

Hello careful,

The quotes - given to me by JC MacHislopp - -should have been presented from the beginning, to prove the “incorrect/wrong” explanation given by The Watchtower writer (w 87 2/15 )with the Society's Governing Body approval.

*** w87 2/15 p. 11 par. 7

The Two Greatest Expressions of Love Ever Made ***

7 Eighteen years later Jehovah was watching when Jesus came to John the Baptizer to be immersed.

….On one occasion Jesus took some apostles up on a lofty mountain. There Jehovah caused Christ to shine with a supernatural splendor, and the Father said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him.” (Matthew 17:5) Jehovah had his voice heard a third time in answer to Jesus’ petition for God to glorify his own name. Jehovah said: “I both glorified it and will glorify it again.” Apparently this was said primarily for Jesus’ benefit, for some with him thought an angel had spoken, whereas others thought it had thundered.—John 12:28, 29.

*** Bible Citations ***

(John 12:27-30) Now I am troubled, and what should I say? Father, save me out of this hour. Nevertheless, this is why I have come to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came out of heaven: “I have glorified it and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was standing there heard it and began to say that it had thundered. Others said: “An angel has spoken to him.” 30 Jesus answered: “This voice has occurred, not for my sake, but for your sakes.

Remark:: Notice the absence of verse 30 which reports Jesus 'words.

27 years later, similar application:

*** w14 8/15 p. 25 par. 15

Hear Jehovah’s Voice Wherever You Are ***

15 Jehovah wants the best for us. (Ps. 1:1-3) ….

Jehovah, and he prayed incessantly. Jehovah supported and directed Jesus in marvelous ways. He sent angels to minister to him, provided His holy spirit to help him, and guided him in selecting the 12 apostles. Jehovah’s voice was heard from the heavens, expressing His support and approval of Jesus. (Matt. 3:17; 17:5; Mark 1:12, 13; Luke 6:12, 13; John 12:28)

Remark:: : Again absence of verse 30 which reports Jesus 'words.

Everything is fine, please accept our greetings,

TW and JC MacHislopp

• careful
    careful

Thanks, TW & JCM. That does help clear up the chronology. So they have gone back in 2014 to the old 1987 view? Did they change it in between? It all seems so bizarre given what the context says.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS is tricky like that, sometimes I would be in the audience or reading a publication and think, is that new and then look it up on the CD and realize it was a 180 with no explanation by the WTS. Most jws I knew never noticed it and were peeved when I pointed it out.

In the OP, I understood it to mean, did the WTS ever go back and change the wording or premise in the previous 180 comments in the publications (They did in the Revelation Climax book, giving them the updates first to use and then changing and reprinting the book for current study (?)) Just that one time in 1989 and pre-1950, the ones listed on www.jwfacts.com . They have adjusted the wording in the NWT nor RNWT supposedly to make it clearer. The wording in the NWT is not the original language, so I guess the WTS feels that their translators can take liberties with their translation.

• fastJehu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit