Hitachi TV Review

by The Fall Guy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I have never reviewed a product before, but having purchased a Hitachi 50 inch Full HD LCD TV at the weekend, I thought I'd share my experience.

Hitachi TV's are now made in Turkey, and not by the Hitachi company. The UK's sole supplier is the Argos company. Alarm bells should have rung in my head when I walked into the store and saw the various makes of beautiful looking TV's on display - but not a Hitachi to be seen anywhere.

Having paid for the TV and declined the "exhortation" to pay extra for damage protection, I took the thing home and set it up. Picture quality and colours were not good, but the speaker quality was on a different level - it was dire! I've never heard such terrible audio on a TV in my life. Rant Review over.

If only I'd listened to my instincts - or even better - read this review before purchasing. As the review summary describes the "plus" aspects, "It's cheap and it's big." https://www.whathifi.com/hitachi/50hyt62u/review

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You what?

• Half banana
    Half banana

I never read any reviews on the JW religion before I joined either.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

sbf :)

hb - good point.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    The Fall Guy: hb - good point.

oh wait, does that mean the OP wasn't a made up story then?

sorry

at least with Argos you can return it and get your money back no probs

https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/

• Saename
    Saename

I heard the Hitachi wand does wonders, but it's not for the religious folks if you know what I mean...

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Argos: that was amazing back in the day and those little pens came in handy too when you were around town and needed to write something down - just pop into Argos! :)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Totally wrong Darkspilver - check the wording on your website link and read what it actually says:

Can I return it if there’s nothing wrong with it?

Absolutely! We offer a 30 day returns guarantee on most items. (We’re nice like that.)

So if you need to bring it back, just bring it back. Then we’ll either refund the cash onto the original payment method or offer you an exchange. Easy.

You just need these 2 things:

1. your proof of purchase
    2. the item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a resell-able condition. TV.'s are not included in their returns offer if it has been used.

They will not accept such an item back if it has been plugged in, switched on, and set up - unless it's faulty. They then class it as second-hand goods. Fact! If you're in the UK, ring 0345 1657538 and select Option 2 to hear how their weasel-words inform you that not all items are returnable.

Go and buy a TV from Argos, set it up, and then take it back because "you've changed your mind." It'll be interesting to hear your experience. Argos is not the Argos you think it is.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

oh, that's bad, sorry about that.

I'm always VERY careful when opening big ticket items, so that everything can be re-packaged if needed. Could you do a factory reset? And/or complain about the sound? (which also might be actually faulty anyway?).

But a 50 inch Full HD LCD TV for only £350.00??

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Be a shame if something happened to the tv that made it defective so you had to return it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit