JW's Setting Up Carts at Chicago Train Stations

by OnTheWayOut 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Reader is very Chicago-oriented but for your benefit while reading, "the el" is the elevated train system that ties in with the subway system for commuters and "CTA" is the Chicago Transit Authority that runs the commuter trains and buses.

https://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/is-it-legal-for-jehovahs-witnesses-to-proselytize-inside-cta-stations/Content?oid=47477482

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He said his organization, Chicago Special Metropolitan Public Witnessing, coordinates some 1,900 volunteers,

Wonder if that "organization" is approve by THE Borganization HQ?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

I wish i lived in chicago just think of all the books and magazines that i could take from the carts and trash

• steve2
    steve2

I am often amazed at the level of cart activity in the USA compared to New Zealand where I hardly ever see the carts. Some years ago, I saw them outside our local shopping mall every now and then but never for long periods of time. And they used to have a set up at the local Saturday market but I haven't seen them for a long time.

In our capital city, Wellington, which I visit every two weeks, I have seen them once in a main shopping area a couple of years ago, but nothing since.

I'm not saying they've stopped the cart work, but I'm always on the look-out for them and don't see them at all in my locality.

• stillin
    stillin

Good way to meet girls.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

carts, door banging, leaving their trash in every public place feasible, its all a waste of time, money and effort.

• alanv
    alanv

It has a threefold purpose. Firstly it keeps the witnesses busy and stops them doing other things that Watchtower doesn't approve off. Secondly it gives the witnesses the feel good feeling with little or no effort. (These days they dont even answer bible questions, they just point people toward JWdot org.) And thirdly there is a chance they could find someone interested, although so far those ones are few and far between.

• stillin
    stillin

I probably don't qualify for cart work. Darn! Good way to meet girls! Maybe the grocery store.

• JRK
    JRK

I would make them stay on the sidewalks. I should be on the CTA board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit