Just a fun idea inspired by Seth Andrews latest podcast (the thinking atheist)
Ask a believer if they agree with the following statements of faith:
- One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
- The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
- One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
- The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
- Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
- People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and remediate any harm that may have been caused.
- Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
If they agree, then tell them where these tenets come from! Yes, they are the founding tenets of the Satanic Temple. (A secular, non religious organisation- NOT actually devil worshippers by the way)
Then watch their face when you tell them they have agreed with the Satanic Temple's tenets!😜