Introduction from another JWR Refugee

by 2badsosad 18 Replies latest jw friends

• 2badsosad
    2badsosad

Yet another JWR refugee. Been active over there for a while now. Was quiet for the last couple months but just starting to 'reactive' myself again. Come from a 4th gen witness background. Woke myself up officially over the last couple years after trying to suppress doubts for the last 15 years. But just couldn't contain them anymore. Has been a rough and rocky road. Awakening led to a serious existential crises. Prior to awakening I was suppressing doubts and self medicating depression and anxiety with alcohol. Finally realized I needed proper help just over a year ago. Just got out of an in-patient treatment program for concurrent disorders a few weeks ago and will be going into an extended program dealing with psychological issues related to your family of origin that lasts about 5 months. Helps a lot with complex trauma related issues. Bottom line, I'm taking this exJW recovery thing in a serious way.

I was a pretty hard core and serious JW until my mid-twenties. Until my first marriage ended in a serious disaster. As I mentioned earlier I was suppressing doubts seriously after that, but tried really hard to beard them for 15 years since. But you just can't force yourself to believe something that just doesn't make sense. Anyway, this is already starting to carry on, so I'll stop it there. Sad that all my details are sitting neatly over on JWR somewhere, but c'est la vie. At least I put some stuff up on google docs. Here's a link to some stuff I put together that's a collection of stuff I read/studied that helped me while I was waking up. Cheers!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1URslm2pptTj1E8prnjhUlDu8lLvUD9CNBNUj3-h9HGE

• Listener
    Listener

Welcome 2badsosad, hope you get to enjoy it here.

Thanks for sharing that link, I'll have a look.

• Ladybug Girl
    Ladybug Girl

You're doing a great job, 2badsosad. Keep up your treatment program. Hugs :)

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Woke myself up officially over the last couple years after trying to suppress doubts for the last 15 years

I did, too.

you just can't force yourself to believe something that just doesn't make sense.

I agree.

-----------------------

Thanks for the link. I downloaded your document. Looks really interesting and informative.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome to JWN, nice to have some new members

Lisa 🌹

• Worldling9
    Worldling9

Hi 2bad, good to see you here. I'm coming over from JWR too, just starting to find my way around. DFed at 17 after being raped...have been out of the org for many years. Had been on JWR off and on...came back earlier this year after my JW mom died and old stuff rose to the surface again. JWR has been very helpful to me and I wish they could have found a way to continue. Oh well, things change...

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome to the board my friend, nice to have you here ! You are among friends who truly empathize. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• The freewheeling
    The freewheeling

Just a detail. 4th generation witness? You must mean 2nd, don't forget the overlapping. 😉

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to the board and thank you for your story.

Welcome to the other poster too.

Kate xx

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome 2badsosad , and Worldling9 , enjoy your stay and look forward to hearing more from you both

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit