Demon stories

by HiddenPimo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1987642?q=demon+attacks&p=sen

Amazing! I never thought I'd see this again.

P.S. I was 8 when this article was published.

• blondie
    blondie

I looked up demon attacks on WOL and then looked at the older hits that came up under "same paragraph" "newest first". Looked at about 2 when I found that quote.

You could have searched "pregnant" "demon" and the "same paragraph" on WOL.

• rockemsockem
    rockemsockem

I heard them all. Washers that came alive and would walk across the house, wind chimes that caused demon attack, Candles form a Catholic church that caused sickness, Growing up they our family would go to assemblies and the adults would sit around the motel table telling these stories. To the adults it may have been entertainment but to a 5yo it was terrifying.

• hoser
    hoser
    I’m neither a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I would say that demon attacks are the result of mental health issues or extreme stress.
  • naomidangerlee
    naomidangerlee

@Redvip2000 my mother was the same!

I was terrified of supposed demons under the bed, and in the hallway (we had a very sparsely lit house leading to my fear of the dark).

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I was afraid of demons as a kid too. It seems Witnesses were obsessed with demon stories,especially in the 1980's.

I was just thinking about that article with the woman's belly swelling,because of,a demon.

A few years back,I had lunch with an old friend,and suggested we look around an antique store next door. But,she refused,since such places attract demons.

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

I’m neither a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I would say that demon attacks are the result of mental health issues or extreme stress.

Don't forget about sleep paralysis and hypnagogic/hypnopompic hallucinations.

• fulano
    fulano

How about this, sex with a ghost...

https://youtu.be/1sWDCz5v1Vg

• Onager
    Onager

Part of my studies when leaving the JW's proved (to me) that the spirit world doesn't exist. There are no angels, demons or gods but those we make.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "I’m neither a psychologist or a psychiatrist but I would say that demon attacks are the result of mental health issues or extreme stress."

Don't discount teh stoopid, either. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit