Is the Bible of extraterrestrial origin?

by Vanderhoven7 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So these aliens were here from approx. 1500BCE to 500CE, a period of about 2000 years without leaving any evidence except for a contradictory book that has nothing about space travel or advanced medical or scientific value and at many points says the earth is a flat plane. Then these guys just disappeared right before the period of reason begins.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Of course we are not alone. The ideas of ancient astronaut theories are interesting and entertaining.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I didn't listen to the whole thing but what it sounds like he's doing is giving you the statistics of finding a particular word but not stating how that compares to the statistics of finding arbitrary words. There is a standard comic called Dave Gorman (I believe it was) who showed how people in the UK had found ancient "lay lines" by linking up certain stone monuments or artefacts but then went on to show that UK supermarket Lidl or Aldi stores were also apparently built all lined up with one another and although it was a comic act, you couldn't argue with it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The definitions of names in Genesis 5 he gives don’t match those given elsewhere. Most of them are close, but to get a coherent sentence out of it is a bit of a stretch.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Most of what he says is pure bunk, in my opinion, but it is interesting. The only thing that maybe has some merit is that the scribes could have possibly used letters from certain words within the text in places, as mnemonic devices or simply to be clever. Some of the Psalms for instance are arranged that each phrase starts with a Hebrew letter in alphabetic order, supposedly so the singers could more easily remember the verses.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Here is part Ii for those interested.

https://youtu.be/8maQCszE91c

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks for the link. I have an interest in such things, but I kind of lost it when he got to this:

Sigh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit